Chapter Three

As the morning rolled around group breakfast was inevitable. Everyone headed to the cafeteria to eat together like clockwork. My hair was dripping wet after a shower as I made my way to the cafeteria. It felt so good to actually shower every day. Nothing could beat that feeling of being clean.

My eyes watched everyone ahead of me in the hallway. A tall boy's head stuck out above everyone else's. It was Pierce. I quickened my pace pushing past people until I reached his figure. I brushed my hand against his to get his attention. Something I noticed while observing everyone since Pierce entered the home, was that he was just like me. We were very much both loners but it seemed like that happened to every new person that joined. They were out casted by the cliques that had been formed before they showed up.

His bright blue eyes glanced down at the hand that had just touched his before he looked up at my face that was smiling up at him. A small smile formed on his face. I could tell that he genuinely needed the attention from someone, anyone.

I wrapped my hand around his and pulled him into a room that was to our right, sneaking us away from everyone, hopefully, without anyone noticing. My hopes were that everyone was just so ready for food they didn't see us sneak away. I also hoped that us being such outcasts would help with people not realizing we weren't at group breakfast right on time.

"I need your help." I spoke softly to a boy whose face just read of urgency. It was like he yearned for attention and getting attention filled him fully.

"Sounds like trouble." A smirk spread happily across his face. He leaned against the wall of the room crossing his arms across his chest. He was just waiting to see what kind of trouble I was about to get him into.

"Myra got pissed you were in our room." I paused for a second. "Because she's the devil reincarnated." A chuckle escaped my mind as I pictured my roommate as a literal red devil. "So what do you say about joining me for another talk in my room tonight? After group?"

"Depends on how far you want to take this Baker." He said maniacally. Pierce and I, were no doubt, good kids because the beating made us be good kids. You push us too far though and we were bound to have some bad fun.

"As far as you're willing to Kingston." The smirk hadn't left his face the entire time. It grew to more definition as I gave him the answer he desired.

With the plan set in stone, we left the room at separate times. Pierce leaving first followed by me a few minutes later. No one even batted an eyelash at both of our late arrivals to breakfast. Not even Myra who pointed out everyone else's wrong doings just to make herself look good.

That night with Pierce would go down in history as one of the funniest nights of my life. Myra's reaction was better than I could have ever asked for. Pierce and I were caught in a fit of laughter when her eyes landed on the two of us. Not only was she shocked but she was beyond disgusted. Hopefully she had learned her lesson of trying to tell me what to do. This was my home as much as it was hers and I was going to make sure she knew that.

"I'm going to tell on the both of you." Myra went to turn on the heel of her foot to walk out but I came with an answer before she took a step.

"There's no proof that Pierce was ever here." A smile spread across my face as I looked over at Pierce. "Right Pierce?"

"I don't see any rules breaking. Door looks open to me. But I was never here so that doesn't even matter." He laughed leaning over and kissing the top of my head before getting up and leaving the room. Myra gagged at the affection he was giving me. It was all for show, but it was funny knowing she thought it was real.

I thought that getting back at Myra would be a one-time thing but it turned into a weekly occurrence with Pierce. Every time we stepped further into a territory I never thought was even an option for me. No matter how many times I tried to tell myself it was just for show, feelings started attaching themselves to Pierce and I's interactions.

It became apparent the longer the both of us were in the group home, wewere all each other had. No one wanted us to join their cliques. We franklydidn't want anyone to join ours either. We were happy just being Baker andKingston.