Chapter Twenty-Four

The next morning, I woke up forgetting the actions of last night. When my eyes opened to see Pierce with his arms wrapped around me everything came flooding into my memories. Our bare bodies were closer than we had ever been in our months of knowing each other. I honestly never imagined this to ever happen with him, even if I hoped one day it would.

Pierce looked calm, peaceful as he laid there sleeping the morning away. Every bit of pain washed out of him as he slept. Even after our sexual encounter, he looked pure. I just wanted to see him in this state forever. He had no worry written on his face, and it made him look even more beautiful.

I moved my head to rest on his chest while I listened to the sounds of a storm brewing outside. My fingertips traced circles on his skin, keeping my mind busy. I knew that when he woke up everything would go back to us being distant. I wanted to hold onto this moment for as long as I possibly could.

Buzzing sounded from the nightstand and I didn't know whose phone it was. I wanted to keep it from waking him so I carefully reached over picking the phone up off the hard surface. Curiosity took over as my finger slide to see the hundreds of text messages and missed calls that filled his screen.

"Whatcha doing?" A groggy voice sounded from below me causing me to drop the phone from my hands. It dropped onto his chest causing him to flinch at the contact with his skin.

"I was trying to silence your phone. Didn't want it to wake you." I looked into his eyes hoping that he wasn't upset with me touching it.

His hands grabbed his phone and he adjusted himself on the bed making him sit up a little. A smile spread across his face as he looked at my bare skin that had peaked out from under the blanket as he moved. I pulled the blanket up causing a frown to form on his face.

In his eyes, an emotion I hadn't truly seen before came though. I had never seen him look at me this way, or even more importantly Ally. His words from the night before played through my head as we laid there just staring at each other. I couldn't say anything about them though. He thought I was asleep, so I was going to keep that secret to myself.

"You're adorable when you sleep Baker." I moved my hands from under the blanket and covered my face with them, hiding the blush that hit my cheeks.

I felt his hands grab mine and move them away. "Don't hide from me." His lips formed a pout. Were we really continuing where we left off without the alcohol in our systems?

"Sorry," I said shyly. I could see his emotions shift with my actions. He had never seen me acting shy and it was giving him a butterfly feeling. I knew just by his reaction to the way the word 'sorry' rolled off my tongue.

A huge crash sounded down the hall causing both of us to jump and look towards his door which was still locked from the night before. He sat up more causing me to sit up as well. I held the blanket to my chest feeling oddly shy about having him see me naked, even though he had last night.

He turned his back towards me hanging his feet off the edge of the bed. I rested my head on his back for a few seconds. "I'm going to see what the hell just happened and who is here still. Don't move okay? I'll be right back." He stood up revealing his bare ass to me causing me to giggle to myself.

"Pierce?" I grabbed his hand before he could walk away to grab pants to slide on.

"Yeah babe?" His eyes widened as he turned his face towards me. The word had slipped. "I mean Charlee." I didn't want him to correct himself. It felt right hearing that word come from his mouth. It sent a tingle through my body when the word hit my ears.

I pulled him towards me and got up on my knees and planted a kiss on his lips. "That's all." I smiled at him earning a smile back.

Pierce walked over and threw on a pair of sweats that laid on his floor, probably from the night before. I sat with the blanket pulled to my chest watching him as he left the room.