Chapter Forty-Two

Playoff season meant a whole lot less partying and a whole lot less free time. It meant that I had a lot more time with myself. I couldn't call for Pierce or Grayson or even Reece when I needed someone. I had Luca and Lucy but they were too young to throw my feelings onto. I was doing a lot better though.

My parents were looking into getting me the best therapist they could find. Not that I needed anything special. But they wanted to give me what they couldn't give their real daughter.

I was still phoneless but I wasn't grounded. I was allowed and come and go as I pleased but I really decided against it. I had begun to hate my crutches more than anyone could imagine. My armpits hurt from the pressure and I was over being an idiot. And it had only been two days.

As I got ready for school on Monday I contemplated using my comfort blanket, knowing I'd have to face the reality of seeing Pierce again. I ran my fingers over the black leather that was sprawled out on my bed. I knew that I needed to let go but it was just a piece of clothing. Wasn't it?

No it wasn't.

Going against my better judgement, I threw the leather jacket on over my white t-shirt. One day, that's all I would allow myself. One day of comfort and then it needed to be put away for good.

"Reece!" I called from my bedroom waiting for him to abruptly storm into my room like he did every morning.

Right on cue my door flew open. "Charlee!" He screamed at the same level that I had for him. The only issue was that he was standing right in front of me when he did it.

"I could kill you." I held my hands over my ears trying not to fall over from not holding my crutches.

"You love me sis." He pushed me lightly causing me to wobble. As I did he broke down in laughter like he was the funniest person in the world.

"Get my bag you asshole." I glared at him as I tried to steady myself. If balance was my thing I would have picked up one of the crutches and hit him with it. But it was too early and I sucked at balance with two feet, having only one made it a million times worse.

He grabbed my bag off my bed and slung it over his shoulder as we both joined the family at the table for breakfast.

When we got to school Grayson was standing waiting at our parking spot, yes we had a parking spot. I smiled as his face lit up at the sight of our, Reece's, blue car pulling into the lot. Just his smile took away any ailing thoughts I had of seeing Pierce.

Before I even had the opportunity to open my door it was already being opened by the blue eyed, blonde haired boy. He reached his hand out to me to help me out of the car. I grabbed his hand quickly and he pulled me up out of the car, grabbing my crutches from the back seat and handing them to me.

He tossed my backpack over his shoulder, his was nowhere in sight. He probably had already taken it inside and put it in his locker just to carry mine. His lips pressed softly to my cheek before he placed his hand on the small of my back, ushering me around the car to shut the open car door I left behind.

"You look cute today." He said as we walked into the school together, leaving my brother at the car.

"You don't look half bad yourself." I looked at him and giggled a little. Seeing me smile made him glow. Was that the glow that Pierce always talked about?

He held his hand against his chest as if I just shoved a dagger through it. It made me laugh even more. "You're spicy this morning." His words made me cringe. I crinkled my nose and shook my head as he held the door open for me to enter the building.

"Please don't ever say that again. I hate it." I looked back at him, spotting Pierce for the first time since our soft goodbye. My head snapped forward moving quickly through the door.

"I'll take notes Speedy Gonzales."

"I don't see a notebook for you to take notes." I eyed him seriously before cracking a smile.

"You're full of it this morning."

"Full of what? You?" I winked before breaking out in laughter.

"Excuse me everyone?" He said loud enough for people to turn and stare. "Where in the world is my Charlee girl? I do not know this girl!" He pointed at me stepping away. "She is," he looked me up and down, "happy!" A smile curled on his lips before he took a step closer to me.

"Sh!" I leaned into him, bumping my shoulder into his. "You are causing a scene." I felt my cheeks reddening from the faces staring at Grayson and I.

"You're the one who said that you were full of-" his voice still spoke loud enough for others to hear. I reached my hand up to cover his mouth before he could finish, causing my crutch to fall to the ground.

He moved my hand away, picking up my crutch before he placed his mouth to my ear. "Full of me." He said so soft, so sensual, that I could feel tingles fill my body. The sensation sent my bottom lip between my teeth without hesitation. His head drifted back to take in my actions before moving back to whispering into my ear. "Are you thinking about being full of me now, my Charlee girl?"

I closed my eyes as the images of Grayson shirtless in his room filled my mind. The sensations of his nips at my skin, his tongue grazing against my hot skin, came to the surface. The thought of having him inside of me was now running aimlessly, distracting me from realizing Grayson had moved away from me, beginning his walk towards my locker.

"Grayson!" I called after him causing him to turn his head back in mydirection. A smirk played on his lips sending me further down the rabbit holethat was his sexual desires. Or where they my sexual desires?