prologue

The pink haired girl walked furiously to her girlfriend's house with puffy nose and teary eyes. She has been trying to reach out to her girlfriend for weeks but the girl never answered her phone. Random thoughts filled Ryujin's mind making her overthinking things that might have happened to her beloved girlfriend. Ryujin doesn't care about the weird stares she received from the passersby. All she ever wanted now was her girlfriend to be okay. Her. Hwang Yeji.

She stood in front of her girlfriend's front door while wiping her fresh tears away. After few moments of steadying herself, Ryujin rang the door bell twice. "Coming!" called out a voice from inside. Footsteps shuffled can be heard and soon the door opened revealing Yeji in one piece. "Oh Ryujin wha-" before Yeji could finished off her sentence, Ryujin pulled her into a hug and buried her face on her chest.

Flabbergasted by the younger's action, Yeji slightly pushed Ryujin away from her and quickly grab her hand leading the way to her bedroom. Ryujin sat on Yeji's bed while looking at her girlfriend dumbfoundedly. Not once where Yeji would refused a hug from her before and Ryujin thought this was very odd. Something was totally wrong with Yeji's behaviour lately. Yeji leaned on the door frame while staring at Ryujin with a straight face and asked, "Why are you here?"

"I was worried about you, Yeji. I've been trying to reach you for weeks but you never replied to me and so I thought something might have happened to you. I wanted to make sure you're okay. I missed you so much." Ryujin shifted her gaze from Yeji to her feet as she felt she was about to burst into tears. She can't let Yeji saw her wailing like an idiot though she already is for her.

Yeji walked up to her girlfriend and sat beside her, leaving a tiny space between them. "I'm sorry I made you worried about me. My parents took my phone away, they said it distracted me from my studies. Besides, I'm busy with my art stuffs. The competition is just around the corner and they want me to focus on it."

"We can still see each other right?" Ryujin intertwined her fingers with Yeji's whilst gazing on her girlfriend with high hopes that she'll say yes. Yeji turned to look at her with sad eyes and shook her head slowly. "I'm sorry, Ryuddaeng but we can't."

Enraged, Ryujin stood up and yelled "Why, Yeji?! Why can't you make time for me anymore? Why am I the only one who's trying to make things better for us?! Tell me why, Yeji! Tell me!" Yeji was taken aback by the sudden yelling that was directed to her but still she managed to compose herself. "I'm busy, Ryujin. I needed space for myself too. I can't always clinging on you all the time. I needed to ace my studies and this art competition. You know how important it is to me."

"Oh! Busy? Do you think you're the only one who's busy and I'm not? I am equally as busy as you, Yeddeong! I have to manage the pastry club that's a mess right now, I have to face my parents who probably doesn't love me, I have to deal with the bullies in our school everyday and now you're telling me that you got a lot on your plate? Yeji, I love you but you're an ignorant prick who only think about yourself!"

Finally losing her cool now, Yeji stood up and pointed a finger at Ryujin. She's now equally enraged as the younger. She opened her mouth to retaliate but nothing comes out. Ryujin shoved her hand away and hurried over to the door while sobbing real hard leaving Yeji in her spot dumbstruck.

Ryujin walked her way out of the house to her happy place so slowly in hope that Yeji would ran after her. But she didn't. Ryujin reached her destination after minutes of walking like a sad angst teenage girl and screamed at the top of her lungs until her throat hurts. She felt unto her knees whilst grabbing her shirt and pounded her own chest heavily.

"I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you and maybe I will never be enough at all."