33

The sun rays filled in the colours of the room waking them up to life and uncovering the corners where the darkest shadows lingered. And as corny as it seems, Ryujin's mind travelled a wondering thought of why is she so lucky to see a certain cat eyed girl slumbering next to her. It's so easy to take in the view for granted and overlook it, especially at times like this.

Brushing the messy silver locks with her fingers, Ryujin took her time to appreciate the privilege she have to wake up next to her favourite person in the world - every single day from now on. She smiled at the thought as she study Yeji's every feature, staring at her sleeping beauty in silence.

The latter was the most astonishing girl she had ever met, she's so easy to talk to and fun to be around. Ryujin thought its prepossessing how she was always a good listener to her, someone who see things from a different perspective and seeks joy in everything she did and how she was something robust and real. That's her girl - Hwang Yeji. She was hers all along and glad to acknowledge the fact that she's lucky enough to be hers.

"Stop staring at me, you creep." exclaimed Yeji out of the blue in a raspy morning voice with her eyes closed. The sudden call-out caught Ryujin off guard even so she can't help but to smile even wider and said, "I can't help but to admire my sleepy bean in the morning, not my fault that I can't seem to take my eyes off you."

"I just wake up and you're already in this lovey dovey mood? Give me a break, darling."

"Question is my love, why not? Right?"

Glaring through her half shut eyes, Yeji spared a boring look at her beloved who's now grinning cockily. She threw a pillow direct at the cocky one, probably feeling a little lighthearted to see her being a cheesy goofball first thing in the morning.

"What a flirty young woman you are, Shin Ryujin."

"I don't see no harm in being chummy and flirty with my one true love so what's the fuss, Mrs. Hwang?"

"Mrs. Hwang?"

"Hm yes, Mrs. Hwang. Why? Do you have a change of mind now? Oh! You wanna be Mrs. Shin? That can work too. Imagine.... Shin Yeji. Wow."

"W-what?"

"What?"

Yeji shook her head lightly and roused herself up from bed to the bathroom and did her morning routine and once she's done, she had this impish look on her face that didn't go unnoticed by Ryujin and judging from the look, Ryujin knew there was something wicked about to happen and her hunch was right when the former said, "Last one to get to the kitchen is a dweeb dumbass."

She jumped out of the bed in a rush and raced after her tricksy fiancée who reached the destination first. Ryujin whined like a five year old and argued how Yeji wasn't playing fair.

"That's not fair! Why you gotta slam the door on me like that?"

"Roses are red, violets are blue. Coffee is bitter and so are you . Haha! Dweeb dumbass."

"Oh? Is that how you wanna play, babe? Okay then. Hear me out."

"Yes, go on please, Your Majesty."

"Roses are red, violets are blue. I have five fingers and the middle one is for you."

Yeji snorted at the sight of Ryujin flashing both her middle fingers, thinking it was hilarious how she was actually vexed over this little bantering between them. "You're so silly, Ryuddaeng. This is why I love you." She pinched her cheeks and lightly squished them whilst the latter had no choice but to gratify her wishes.

"Are you done yet, baby? Because I'm hungry and I want to eat."

"Geez! Such a vibe killer. What do you want for breakfast, dweeb?"

"You know baby, I want what's in between your thighs and I want to tongue fu- Holy cow! What the fuck was that hit for?! God, it hurts like hell!"

"That's for you being a nasty pervert second thing in the morning, Ryujin."

She turned around, ignoring her vexed companion who's rubbing her head on where it hurts with a scrunched face. Yeji immersed herself in her own world, preparing their brekky together with her nuisance who's now clinging on her from behind, leisurely snuggling into the side of her neck seeking for warmth and comfort.

If she may to be given the chance to talk about her fiancée, she had never failed to mesmerise her even once. To her, Ryujin is breathtakingly beautiful in her own way. Her smile is so damn attractive because she always knew there's something amusing behind those smiles that'll escape soon as she opens her mouth to speak. On her saddest days, Ryujin made her smile and brought colours to her life although sometimes she was the caused for her sadness and how it was for the stupidest reasons.

Shin Ryujin was the reason why she turned from a klutz to the woman she is today.

Shin Ryujin was the reason why her life turned right back around.

Shin Ryujin was the reason why there's a magical drizzle in the dust storm that settles down in her world.

True, she was such an egocentric person and probably thinks she's the best among the best and is too self absorbed to deal with. But she's also honest, fair and loyal to the core. Ryujin is just everything that she could've asked for. The girl always has something to say, something to banter on, something to intellectually partake in and there's nothing more appealing than a woman who knows how to engage with minds.

Ryujin is a firework on her own, very driven and extremely independent. She hasn't had a comfortable life during her salad days and is still vulnerable to the people who judged her on her past.

And Yeji could go on and on about her, but its better if she just keep it to herself for the time being.

"Are you off to work today, baby? Its been weeks I think since you last dressed up in your pastry suit."

"Oh shit! I forgot that I actually owned a bakery. Ahh! Now I'm worried. Why do I feel like those three idiots did something imbecilic again for the nth time?"

"What if they accidentally set your bakery on fire? Oh my God. Tragic."

"NOT. HELPING. YEDDEONG. NOT. HELPING."

"Okay okay sheesh I was just messing around. I'll drop you off later but first, let's fill your empty stomach. I'm not letting my baby off to work hungry."

And so Ryujin munched on her breakfast with an unsettling feeling, wondering what had happened to Shin's Bakery and if her three comical chefs had done anything that can get her in panic. Whatever it is, there's only one way to find out.