21

If she could change one thing at this moment, it would be to switch places with the Hwangs who were seated in front of her. For the past twenty minutes, the youngest Hwang has been nothing but a massive distraction to her as she kept on making funny faces from afar that somehow disturbed her conversation with the elder Hwangs. Ryujin tried her very best to suppress her laughs when she saw Yeji impersonating her parents from across the room. She was brought back to reality when Mrs. Hwang suddenly touched her hand softly and spoke to her in a motherly tone, "Are you okay, Ryujinnie? You look stiffed."

"Yes, yes I'm fine, Mrs. Hwang." she respond and flashed the two folks her sweet smile. No matter how hard she tried to immerse herself into the conversation with the elder Hwangs, her gaze will eventually fall on her mischievious girlfriend who now had two french fries up in her nostrils with her eyes rolled back and her tongue poked out. "MOTHERF-"

Her sudden shriek gave the Hwangs a terrible shock as they eyed her in deep confusion, wondering why did she acted impolite all of a sudden. There was a minute of silence as she catch a glimpse of Yeji who died laughing from across the room, wheezing and shaking in amusement. Upon noticing the fact that she almost cussed and gave the folks a wrong impression, Ryujin blurted out a very random saying, "Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, thou need it to be deserved. Isn't it, Mrs. Hwang?"

The middle-aged woman set down her tea and jumped on her seat a little as she take her hands in her own, grasping on it tenderly. "Oh! You are indeed right. I didn't knew you had the Shakespearean in you?" Ryujin beamed and said, "I guess I am full of surprises then, Mrs. Hwang."

The three of them laugh heartily upon her remark except for Ryujin herself who had a hint of light reliefs in her intonation. She spare a glance at her girlfriend from across the room and mouthed a 'You're so done' which made the latter wheezed more like an idiot.

They chatted for another fifteen minutes or so before the Hwangs decided to take off to their own residence. "It was nice to see you again, Ryu. I hope Lucy brought you back to ours someday so we can have more of a father-daughter bond." Yeji chortled over her dad's own heartfelt comment and said, "No worries pops, she'll soon have her own space in my old room before any of you know it." Ryujin knitted her eyebrows in puzzlement not sure of what did she meant by that but opted to dismiss it.

The two lovers waved their goodbyes to the Hwangs and shut the front door after. As soon as they were finally alone, Ryujin smacked the back of Yeji's head that earned a yelp from the injured party. "Why the hell on earth did you pull that french fries stunt? I almost spat out cuss words in front of your parents."

"Just because. It gratified me to see you being a total mess trying to hold back your laughter and pretended that you're all okay and completely engaged into whatever chat you had."

"Gratified my ass, I almost had a panic attack when they gawked their eyes wide at me waiting for me to say the word."

"Haha! That's the best part of it, babe. MoThEr'S LoVe iS pEaCe. It NeEd nOt bE AcQuIrEd, tHoU NeEd iT tO bE DeSeRvEd."

Exasperated, she left Yeji who had a good time making fun of her and flunked herself on the sofa, praying out loud. "God, forgive me for I am about to sin and for I am nothing but a mere mortal seeking for your forgiveness." The latter sat next to her beloved prey of annoyance with arms wrapped around her and rest her chin on the shoulder. "I didn't know my baby is such a holy one. It soothes my mind, heart and soul to know about it."

"Oh believe me, Yeddeong. Being yours does made me holier as I need to pray for God to spare me the patience I needed most to deal with your nuisance that's getting uncontrollable lately." Yeji giggled hard and snuggled into Ryujin's neck that made the younger gave a half suppressed laugh as she felt ticklish over the sudden gesture. "Since when did you get so funny, Ryuddaeng? If that's the case then I guess we're even."

The gigglings died down in a matter of seconds leaving them enjoying each other's company in silence. It wasn't awkward, tense or strained. The hush between them were vastly relaxing and poised with Yeji resting her head on Ryujin's shoulder whilst having her hair stroked lovingly until she decided to break the stillness between them once again.

"What's on your bucket list lately?"

"You."

"I'm serious, babe."

"And I am Shin Ryujin."

An unpleasant sensation twinge on the side of her stomach as she tried to stop her girlfriend from pinching repeatedly. "Alright, alright! I just wanna go get ice cream with you." Ryujin cried in agony as she rubbed the pain spot and turned her head to look at her gleaming girlfriend. "To the ice cream parlour we shall be then!"