9

The sunrays coming from the tiny gap from her window dazzled her vision as Ryujin tried to open her eyes rubbing it carelessly.

She felt a little better than yesterday and got off her bed immediately when a certain cat eyed woman with silver hair came into mind. She knocked few times before twisting the door knob open. The room was neatly cleaned and empty.

Ryujin ran downstairs and peeked through her kitchen window and saw her neighbour at her backyard, painting. "Chaeryeong was right, Yeji is an angel."

Just when Ryujin was about to leave for a quick shower, she noticed a hand written sticky note on her fridge. A smile escaped her lips as she read in silence.

'I'm sorry I left before you even wake up. Thank you for letting me stay the night. I made your favourite meal for breakfast and I hope you like it. Don't forget to see a doctor if your diarrhea gets worse, okay? Take care.'

Ryujin sticked the note back on her fridge and ate her breakfast in joy and swayed herself each time she have a bite. The blueberry pancake topped with maple syrup was truly appetizing and Ryujin wanted more of it. She twinkled at the thought of Yeji who remembered small details about her although it had been 7 years after the break up.

"You really are something else, Yeji."

In the speed of a lightning, Ryujin sprinted to her room nearly tripping herself on the stairs. Rummaging her closet to choose a i-wanna-look-charming-but-not-too-obvious-charming-because-i-dont-want-to-scare-you-off outfit. Satisfied with her outfit of the day, she dashed into the shower.

Once she was done, she put on her Dickie's navy blue hoodie that was paired up with light blue ripped jeans and white vans slip ons and applied fragrance of amber and vanilla blossom. Ryujin stood in front of her human sized mirror while hugging herself, mumbling some self consolation words.

"Okay, Ryujin. Get your vain self together. Forget your narcissism for today. Resist yourself from being too self absorb for once though you really are a majestic, glorious, splendid human being. You got this, Shin Ryujin. You can do it, you beautiful self."

She left her house and walked slowly to Yeji's and made herself straight to the backyard. Ryujin was amazed to be a witness to such enchanting sight of Yeji sitting by the pool painting on a canvas so elegantly with a serious look on her perfectly sculptured face. She shook her head vigorously and slapped her cheek lightly to snap herself from drooling.

"Snap out of it, Ryujinie. She's your ex and now she's your neighbour. What are you drooling her for now?"

Being the confident narcissist she is, Ryujin walked up to Yeji and greeted the girl. Yeji jumped a little at the sudden contact on her left shoulder but eased up after when she saw a familiar face. The strong romantic scent pervade her nostrils that made Yeji beamed with pleasure.

"Oh, hi again. What brings you here?"

"You."

"What?"

"N-no. I mean, I'm here to say thank you for taking care of me last night and for cooking me my favourite."

Yeji smiled wider and altered her gaze on her canvas again, picking up from where she left off. "Its no big deal, Ryujin."

Sensing the jitters that's finally kicking in, Ryujin placed her hands in her hoodie pocket not wanting for the older to notice her nervousness while staring at her feet, contemplating whether to ask her ex girlfriend for a lunch together or not. Upon noticing the change of mood from her companion, Yeji set her brush down and turned her head to face the latter.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"Uh um I was just wondering if you would like to you know... have lunch together?"

Ryujin waited for an answer in hope that she will say yes but nothing comes out from her mouth. The silence was intensely awkward for her. Ryujin licked her bottom lip and gave Yeji a small nod for now that she knew she just clowned herself.

"Its okay, I understand you're busy and-"

"Who said that I rejected your offer?"

"Eh? You don't?"

"Don't make me change my mind now, Ryujin."

Grinning from ear to ear, Ryujin laced their fingers together and lead themselves inside.

"Let's make lunch together, I miss your cooking anyway."