40

Ryujin sat back and let the happiness soak right into her bones. She wanted the feeling to still be there when she was old. She closed her eyes and savoured the moment of finally being a wife to the love of her life but never released her grip on Yeji's hand.

For the first time in forever her body and mind relaxed. In that moment there were no expectations upon her, no problems created by her three comical chefs for her to solve, no schedules to meet, nothing. Just her and her lover whom she finally get to call hers legally by marriage. Ryujin was in for it all. She'd made it. She was a winner and she won her. Her. Hwang Yeji.

Yeji wasn't stopping for anything and sure as hell wasn't taking of her foot of the gas pedal with Ryujin beside her whose eyes stayed closed while holding her free hand while their world passed in a blur of sight.

She thought Ryujin was truly beautiful in her wedding dress, probably looking finer than her casual days. There's just something about the latter that was very intriguing to her but she did not know what it was. Perhaps, it is the afterglow of marriage that made Ryujin look ravishing than she already was and honestly, Yeji was taken away by her undefined beauty.

To Yeji, their marriage is what she wants to cherish until the end, just like the vows she had made earlier at the altar in front of their witnesses - she will love her in their good and bad times and gave her all of her love for as long as they shall live until death do them apart.

Trying to keep up the good vibe between them, she leant over to turn up the pounding bass of their preferred get away music when suddenly a car crashed hard into them from the side.

In that instant she lost the opportunity to evade the crash. Even if she'd been paying attention and keep her eyes on their surroundings, she would have been hard pressed to make the manoeuvre. As if time was moving in a slow motion, she barely had time to scream before the air bags knocked her back and sideways. The car had flipped so many times that Yeji had become disorientated before she even sustained the concussion that had her drifting in and out of consciousness.

Her lungs caving in on themselves when she sucked in cramped air. The buzzing noise filling her ears as the spots in the corner of her vision making her feel like the only thing inside her head was static.

The taste of coppery blood that's pooling in her mouth grazing on her teeth and soaking her tongue. She could felt the aching and cracks on her bones with each crack felt like rocks and glasses were burrowed into her skin.

Silence. It has never been so scary to her and nothing scares her even more than the pain she felt right now.

Shouldn't Ryujin be moaning in pain or calling out for her?

Why wasn't she calling out for her?

Why didn't she moved at all?

Why?

Yeji tried to move to reach out for the latter but she was pinned down by the collapsing roof and the steering column. Her neck was too fragile to move. "Ryu... Ryujin..." she spoke in a weak voice, "S-say some.. something."

At this point of life, she was totally convinced that the world must have kept flickering its figurative light switch because her vision kept fading out from blinding red blue lights to bitter darkness and the only sound heard was the indistinct sirens when all of a sudden everything became light to her. As if she was flying through the air, Yeji slowly lose her consciousness.

"H-hold on... Ryujin.. I.. l-love you."