15

The aesthetically pleasing lofi beats danced along with the rhythm of her brush strokes over the canvas. With one final smudging touch, Yeji smirked in satisfaction as another portrait of Ryujin's side profile was perfectly done. She would love to hang her masterpiece in her art gallery soon and displayed it on the space reserved for hers truly only.

Her admiration towards her work of art was disrupted when her door bell rang. To her surprise, there stood a man of her childhood days embracing her in his arms which she gladly return in a friendly manner. "Long time no see, Chris. What brings you here anyway?"

The Korean-Australian guy broke the hug and walked into the warm home of Yeji, making himself comfortable on the couch. "I'm on a week vacation and happened to pass by this area so I figured why not giving yer' a visit right, Lucy?"

Yeji beamed at the mentioned of her English name and plonked herself next to Chris with a hand supporting the side of her head whilst facing him. Catching up with each other over the things that had happened to them throughout the years.

"So, tell me Lucy. When are yer' comin' back to Straya? Brekky were never the same without yer' presence around."

"I don't know mate, I never thought about it but what say you if we go grab a coldie together now?"

"Alright me 'ol cobber. I'm down!"

The stoked duo left the house walking side by side together, sometimes casually hitting each other playfully on the arm over their little inside jokes towards each other. They settled in a local street food stall for a bottle of soju and odens.

"Ahh! This coldie is too good, Lucy! Wooo!"

Yeji smirked at his little comment, finding the latter ridiculous for being so hyped over a shot of soju. At a loss of words, she didn't knew what more to talk about with her drinking buddy until Chris decided to break the ice once again between them. "By any chance, are yer' seeing someone Lucy? Like romantically seeing someone."

"Why is my love life your concern now?"

"Oh c'mon! Just come clean already. I wanna know who's the lucky guy?"

"Who said it was a guy anyway?

Chris choked on his oden upon hearing the remark thrown at him, can't seemed to believe the words he heard. "For real, Lucy? Are yer' by any chance still in love with that girl?"

"I never ever moved on from her, Chris. We got back together recently and I think fate has finally be on our side."

"I'm glad to know about that, girl. Cheers to your tragic love life!"

"Thanks mate, I'll drink to that."

After an hour or so, they decided to parted ways when Chris received a phone call from his friends asking him for a boys night out while he was still in town. Yeji walked back to her place with a radiant smile plastered on her face. It was nice to see a familiar friendly face again after years of not seeing each other. Her radiant smile grew wider at the sight of Ryujin who was leaning unto her doorframe.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, babe. I was away drinking with-"

"Don't 'babe' me now, Yeji. I knew you were out drinking with a guy. I saw the both of you being so awfully close to each other."

Yeji knitted her eyebrows together, a little flabbergasted to see her sudden change of mood but decided to spurn it aside and opened up the door, walking in with her girlfriend following behind slamming the door harshly. She didn't want to fight but the tantrum thrown was really unnecessary. "Okay what's your problem now, Ryujin?"

"Look at you, Yeji. You even had the audacity to question what was wrong with me now? You reeked of alcohol, you went out drinking with a guy alone. Worse, who knows what you did with him when you were alone earlier."

"Excuse me?! Are you accusing me of cheating behind your back now?"

"I baked you a special treat in hope that I can make a surprise visit for you but look who's surprised now. How could you, Yeji?!"

Scoffing in disbeliefs, she walked past her jealous girlfriend, heading to the fridge to fill a glass of water to calm herself down. Yeji was still tired from her ungodly working hours and the long walk she had from the little hangout with Chris earlier. She wasn't in a mood for a fight now and so she kept quiet as the other kept on attacking her with harsh foul words.

"Cat got your tongue now? I'm certain that I'm good enough for you Yeji but your foolish self chose his lame ass over me. If I didn't saw the two of you earlier, I wouldn't have known about your filthy secret. You're nothing but a lying cheater. You heard me? YOU'RE. A. LYING. CHEATER."

Ryujin poked on her chest sharply with her index as she muttered the last few words in a piercing tone. The strain tension given made her lose control over herself and surprised the former with a rigid slap on her face. A tear rolled down Yeji's cheek in dejection, visibly affected by the spiteful accusations thrown at her.

"I thought you've changed after all these years and that you can manage your vain personality but I thought wrong. In fact, it wasn't you who weren't enough for me. I was the one who was never enough for you and I would never be. You wanna know why, Ryujin? Because everything is always about you. Once your pride had taken control over you, none of my feelings are taken into your consideration. You always want things to be in your way. Its always been about you and you only. I'm sick of your narcissism! And for your information, the guy you accused me of cheating with was my cousin from Australia. I just thought that you should know the truth eventhough I know you don't give a flying fuck about it because all you ever care about is yourself."

"Yeji, I-"

"Get out."

"No Yeji listen-"

"Get the fuck out of my house, Ryujin. I don't wanna see your face."

With a heavy heart, Ryujin walked out the door leaving her screeching on the floor with the pain of heartbreak and sorrows. She regretted everything that was said and done.