31

Yeji have had many lavish fancy meals and taken part in many celebrations and parties over the years with her family and friends but among these, this one particular time she cherished most. It was a relaxing night for the both of them as they enjoyed their meals by the side of the glimmering pool with their legs dipped into the cold water.

She had been planning this for a long time and so tonight, she gathered all the preparations made to amaze her girl with her talent for cooking other than art. Thanks to the Hwang's secret recipe, all the meat was marinated and seasoned perfectly and the taste was simply delicious. Besides that, she also got Ryujin her favourite mocha bread and a fluffy red velvet cake with cheese frosting.

She bought it from her own bakery secretly when she accidentally bumped into her two godlike visual chefs, Lia and Yuna, whilst she was on her way home earlier but she can't tell Ryujin that she kinda talked them out for opening the store just for her and the pastries because that would angered her and she doesn't want that to happen. At least not now.

And so they ate their meals, drank beer and chatted the whole night, talking about their funniest memories together and had a blast with each other's presence until Ryujin decided to talk about a more serious matter. The deep personal talks.

"Hey, if you died today, how would you be remembered?"

As if time has been stopped, Yeji stared blankly at her feet that's dipped into the cold water, thinking hard of an answer. Thousands of emotions came rushing in her as she took a sip of her beer. Confusticated. Melancholic. Furied. She didn't knew what or how to respond to the question asked. She couldn't find the right words to say anything at all and so she kept quiet, still staring blankly at her dipped feet.

"Its okay if you can't answer me, Yeddeong. I, myself, couldn't find the right words to say either if I was asked the same question." Ryujin take her hand in hers and leaned onto her shoulder and joined Yeji staring at their dipped feets silently.

"I honestly don't know how would I be remembered if I were to die today and if that person who died in a car crash earlier was me. Maybe I would be remembered through my art gallery and all of my creations, babe. But then again, nobody cares about art and so I will be forgotten just like that. Dead and gone."

"Don't say such things, Yeji! I care about you and I always do so don't you dare saying nobody cared about you.... although that part about art is true. I don't care about that. It bothers me just to think about what that embodiment of art means and up to this day, the question haunts me still. Oh my God."

She chuckled hard upon hearing her fiancée being upfront honest about how much the silly argument of that art thingy bothers her so much.

"What about you? If you were to die today, how would you be remembered?"

"Hmmm if I were to die today, I'd probably be remembered by my gorgeousness. I mean, babe, look at me. I'm the definition of perfect and a second to none."

The feeling of secondhand embarrassment excruciate her whole being that made her scrunched her face. Cringe. Yeji felt the giddiness kicking in as she shuddered and retched at the thought of how one can be so self absorbed like this.

"You're so full of yourself, love."

"Also full from eating all of your love, darling."

"Remind me why do I desperately wanna marry you again?"

"Because I'm the one and only Shin Ryujin and you're not gonna get another and as I said earlier, I am second to none."

An affliative smile formed on Yeji's soft lips as she felt proud and delighted to acknowledge the fact that she's a lucky one to have Ryujin in her life despite her narcissism that sometimes can be a little bit too much to handle.

But to Yeji it's okay, it's love.

"Hey, Ryuddaeng. Isn't it crazy how we went from strangers to girlfriends to strangers again to neighbours then to girlfriends again and now we're engaged? I mean, wow, what the hell."

"Haha crazy is an understatement, Yeddeong. We're beyond crazy. And the next thing I knew we're gonna be wives."

"Hwang Ryujin?"

"No, Shin Yeji."

"But Hwang Ryujin sounds good."

"And so does Shin Yeji, bitch."

"Nope! Hwang Ryujin!"

"Shin Yeji!"

The once lively vibe between them turned cold as they hold a staring contest but soon break the eye contact when Yeji can no longer stand Ryujin's silly face with her nostrils flared and eyes rolled back.

"Oh fuck that let's go Hwang-Shin."

".....Okay. Hwang-Shin it is."

"But really, babe, Hwang Ryujin fits you best."

"Oh boy, this is going to be a very long night."

a/n ; greetings earthlings! sksksks alright, one more time. hi guys, so someone asked me a question on how do i actually have ideas to write such stuffs like what's going on in this ryeji au and other stories so yep i'll answer it here.

truth is, i only plan the plot of a story on the first two chapters only. the rest? the rest is whatever comes to mind which i instantly write and publish straight away. yes, i know, im amazed myself to acknowledge the fact that i actually have a brain sksksksks lmao anyways i noticed how some of you here had been such great friends and mutuals to me so thank you so much for the supports and love y'all gave me. i appreciate every single of you so much uwu and if any of you ever wanna be friends with me, you can always hmu on twitter. til' then, bye bitchass :P