35

"It says here that it should be one and a quarter cup."

"Then pour the milk as it says. One and a quarter cup, Lia."

"But Yuna... we have a problem."

"Don't tell me that you..."

Lia slowly nods confirming whatever Yuna had in mind that made the latter heave a long frustrated sigh. Yes, true. She loved her with all her heart and accepted every imperfections the former had but this? This is too much. She has been working as a pastry chef for three years prior and still needs her help when it comes to this.

"This is insane. How can you not know what a quarter means? This! Look at this! This is what a quarter means, Lia." she blurted out frustratingly while pointing at the measuring cup measurements. Lia just frowned and sneered at her making her returning the attitude given. "Not that I don't know I'm just confused." Yuna give her a blank look that says 'stop lying, we both know you're dumb' that made Lia shrugged her shoulders and giggles softly.

The two continued to prepare the ingredients needed to make crepes as suggested by Chaeryeong who is nowhere to be found at the moment. The process was easy. Mix all the ingredients together and blend them into a mixture. Next, pour a quarter of the mixture into the frying pan and wait until the ends of the crepe peeled by itself a bit in a minute before flipping it to the other side and repeat the cycle until its done.

Yuna did well in making crepes for a moment but with Lia as her co-chef? Things are the other way around. It only takes ten. Ten minutes for the game to turn tables. She left her unsupervised for just ten minutes because toilet calls only to come back and be greeted with the sight of Lia trying her best to get rid of the scorched crepes.

"CHOI JULIA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

"I CAN EXPLAIN!"

"What was there to explain? My eyes don't lie to me. You burnt most of the crepes and wasted a half of the mixture?! WHAT IS THIS BEHAVIOUR?"

"It's unintentional! I just..."

"You what?"

"I just spaced out a little."

"Why is that?"

"I'm hungry and procrastinated about those creamy Danish breads."

Yuna playfully lunged forward for a punch that made Lia backed off a little and held her hand out for defense but soon ease up when the former laughed and ruffled her hair before leaving her dumbfounded and came back with a creamy Danish bread. "This will be our secret. Don't. Snitch."

She took the bread given and munched on it happily. They stayed in that carefree moment together just a little bit longer. The younger watched her companion intently as she took another bite of her treat and casually wiped off the smeared cream at the corner of the older's lips with her thumb. "You're such a messy eater."

Lia snapped her head sideways, looking at Yuna with a confused face as she continued on eating her creamy Danish bread. Their glances battled each other, Lia sits frozen from both stupefaction and exhilaration. Their foreheads rests against each other, both closing their eyes breathing heavily. The latter gently leans in and kisses her warm lips but soon pull apart once realising what she had done, rambling apologies saying that it shouldn't have happened. Yuna was talking too much saying this and that but soon shut up when Lia cupped her face and pulls her into a fiery kiss.

"GUYS! Boss is- EWWWW! What the fuck?"

They both pulled away from each other and acted as if nothing happened. Lia continued eating in silence, her cheeks flushed red meanwhile Yuna suddenly stretched and flailing her arms around carelessly.

"Drop the act already! Oh God I wish I could unseen what I just witnessed earlier. I can't believe you guys eat each other faces like that."

Chaeryeong watched as the two go beet red and radiate heat like a hot pan. She swore she could've cook two course meals on their faces. Speaking of a hot pan and course meals, Chaeryeong can't help but to pick up the smell of something burning. "Hey, what's that smell? Smells like something is burning but I know for sure its not your love for each other."

"Oh Heavens! My crepes!" Yuna rushed immediately to turn off the gas. Since when did she had become a careless wreck? The crepe has singe as black as a coal and the bottom of the pan has melted a little due to over heat. Lia helped her to get rid of the evidence of their recklessness. The two of them hustle and bustle around the kitchen while Chaeryeong just keep her eye on them.

She found it very amusing how her two friends panicked to death and create another mess while in the process of cleaning up a mess. "I hate to break it to you two but boss is on her way. I saw her with her neighbour that looked like an angel in disguise earlier when I ditched work. She should be here in awhile."

"WHAT?!" Both of them cried in unison. One was feeling dreadful at the thought of Ryujin going berserk once she found out about the crepe incident. Another was beyond belief that Chaeryeong just ditched work and only decided to come back when she saw Ryujin. As if a demon had been summoned, the door bell chimes indicating that someone had walked into the shop. The duo gulped at the sight of their boss, thinking it would be their last day to live.

"Why are the two of you so tensed up? Its just me. Not a ghost. Look at Chaeryeong, she's so chill thinking that I didn't caught her ditching work earlier."

Chaeryeong choked on air upon hearing the news about her being caught on the act. Yeji who's standing near her gave her a pat on the back whilst trying her best not to burst out laughing.

"Ye-yeah. Long time no see, boss. We missed you here." muttered Lia softly, hand tugging at the hem of Yuna's suit for comfort as she felt nervous all of a sudden. Upon noticing the gesture, Yuna quickly chirped into the conversation, "This place is nothing without you boss. Not just us but the customers too. Even your favourite mocha bread is missing you."

Yeji silently watch the show that's happening between her fiancée and her chefs, smiling, as she founds it entertaining. It feels like she can just sit there for hours and witness every single comical event that's happening without getting bored. But she knew she can't stay long. She had to run to another place without Ryujin knowing and so she excused herself walking out of Shin's Bakery without turning her heel back.