Chapter 1: I Smell Like Pancakes

You stared blankly outside of the window as you feel the spring breeze against your skin

Class has already started, but your mind is wandering. After attendance, you started thinking about the volleyball club members that you met earlier. You weren't paying attention to class because of them. Everyone was very nice to you; Tanaka is funny, Sugawara is like a mom, Daichi is the dad and Ennoshita and the rest are great too. You wondered how you'll get along with them.

"Kuroo, it's your turn to read..."

You would have a slight blush everytime Shimizu smiles at you and you can't really focus on what she's saying. But you did tell her that you know how to play volleyball.

"Kuroo, are you listening?"

The light breeze hits you again and this time, a certain smell hits your nose. You smelled pancakes and you remember that you had them earlier at breakfast, and now, you want it again. You love pancakes after all...

(A/N: If you don't like pancakes, just imagine them in your favorite sweet flavor.)

"KUROO!!" Your teacher's outburst brought you back into your senses and out of shock, you stood up.

"Yes?! Pancake?!," your eyes widened, "N-No! I-I mean sensei?!"

Your teacher facepalmed and your classmates was laughing out loud. You turned bright red out of embarrassment.

They totally think I'm an idiot now! You thought.

"Kuroo, you should pay attention to class. It's just the first day and you're already thinking about food..." your teacher calmly scolded.

"I-I apologize..." you stuttered, then you heard a small laugh behind you.

You turned around and there you saw a guy with short blond hair, golden-brown eyes with glasses, and he's giving you a condescending smirk. You admit, he's gorgeous, but the smirk he's giving you now is a major turn off. He is totally looking down on you.

You ignored him and listened to your teacher when she told you to sit down. You can't believe that you're sitting in-front of a jerk, but then you decided that you'll ignore him for the rest of the year.

"Pancakes, huh...?" You heard his mocking voice behind you, he said it quietly enough that only you can hear it.

It annoyed you, but you still ignored him. You decided that you won't let him ruin you very special first day.

After saying that, the tall boy didn't bother you for the rest of the day and you were thankful for that. He ate with a green-haired guy with freckles, while you made friends with Akano Himiko, the girl in-front of you.

—•—

"Bye Himiko-chan~" you waved at her while walking towards the direction where the court is. Apparently, your brown-haired friend haven't decided which club she'll join yet, so she's heading home earlier than you.

While walking to the court, you bumped into a big guy and all of the notebook that he was holding scattered on the floor. You and the fat guy fell on the floor and someone helped you, but no one helped him.

You immediately offered your hand and gave him an apologetic smile. He accepted it and together, you gathered the notebooks.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking..." you softly apologized. You can tell that he was shy because he only nodded. After you gathered the notebooks, you gave it to him and smiled at him one last time before running to the gym.

When you arrived at the entrance, you notice that Hinata and Kageyama wasn't there anymore. You remembered that they declared to have a three on three play on Saturday.

You agree that Daichi's penalty to Kageyama was harsh, but you also thought that Kageyama was a little conceited by the way he belittled Hinata. If he continues to be like that, then it'll be hard for the team.

You were changing your shoes at the entrance when Tanaka approached you.

"Y/N-chan! How's your first day here at Karasuno?!" He enthusiastically asked. You asked them earlier to call you Y/N, but it was their choice to add suffixes if they like.

"Haha, I completely spaced out during the second period," you awkwardly laughed.

"It's okay, Y/N-chan! You're still beautiful! Ah! Of course you too, Kiyoko-san!" As always, Shimizu ignored Tanaka, while you smiled at his liveliness.

"You're so adorable, Tanaka-san." You said out of nowhere and Tanaka acted like he fainted.

"T-Tanaka-san?!"

"Don't worry about him, Y/N. But it's really unexpected, I'd never thought that I'll hear the word 'adorable' and Tanaka in the same sentence." Sugawara gave you a holy angel laugh and you slightly blushed. You thought that he is cute too.

"Are? If it isn't Pancake?" You heard a familiar mocking voice behind you.

(A/N: "Are" is similar to "oya".)

"Y-You?! What are you doing here?!" You asked, flustered.

"Do you know each other, Y/N?" Sugawara asked you.

"W-We are classmates..." You whispered. You looked at the tall guy in-front of you and he's still giving you a condescending smirk.

"Tsukishima and Yamaguchi just joined us too, Y/N." Daichi approached all of you.

"Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Y/N is our new manager." Daichi added.

"I-I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi, nice to meet you ah..."

"I'm Kuroo Y/N, but please just call me Y/N. Nice to meet you too, Yamaguchi-san." You gave him an awkward smile which made him blush, so Yamaguchi averted his gaze.

"I'm Tsukishima Kei," the tall guy grinned evilly, "Nice to meet you, Pancake."

"N-Nice to meet you too, Tsukishima-san," you replied in a lower tone. You ignored the name he called you again.

You sighed, it's just the first day and you can already smell trouble because of the giant in-front you.

You certainly didn't expect that he was a volleyball player.

+++++

UNEDITED