Chapter 17: Inter-High

Note: Hikariare on the multimedia!

"Good morning, Shimizu-san!" You greeted the third year beauty as you approached her.

"Good morning, Y/N-chan. I see you're excited today." She smiled before lifting a bag that contains the team's belongings. You grabbed the last bag before following her.

"Yes, I'm very excited and nervous at the same time," You sheepishly grinned.

Today is the start of Inter-High and it's only been three months since the team lost, but you believe that they can do this.

"Me too, but they're strong so we don't have to worry."

"You're right."

Gazing towards the sky as you smiled with confidence; this was a new view for the boys. You looked determined and hopeful that their 120% morale increased.

"Kiyoko-san! Y/N-chan! Good morning!" Nishinoya waved as he grinned cheerfully. The others greeted the two of you as well while you all got on the bus.

Since everybody knows that your relationship with Tsukishima was fake, they kinda accepted that you will automatically sit beside Shimizu, but they were curiously observing if you were really not gonna sit beside the salty giant.

Of course, this scene reminded you of when Shimizu made you sat beside Tsukishima—you do want to do that again—but you chose not to. It's not like it matters anyway.

Anyways, everyone preserved their energy on the way to Sendai Gymnasium by doing their own things. Though Tanaka, Nishinoya, Hinata, and Kageyama often got scolded by Daichi for being too loud. You however just chatted with Shimizu, but Tsukishima was never mentioned.

It was only a short ride so you were still feeling refreshed after you arrived. Excitement was written all over your face like Hinata.

"Don't get too excited," Tsukishima curtly said as he passed behind you.

You just smiled at his back before saying, "Do your best, Tsukishima-san."

"Call me by my name."

He looked at you over his shoulder before walking away with the team. Your placed your palm over your chest as you listened at your heartbeat. This happens whenever you're near him and you don't like it; since this can only mean one thing.

While carrying a bag over your shoulder, you, Shimizu and Takeda followed behind the team and when they entered the gym, people began to murmur, especially rumors about your soft-hearted ace.

You can't help but start to feel sorry for him.

"It seems that the banner worked well," Takeda said light-heartedly.

"Do you think so?" Shimizu replied while smiling.

"It was much better than my poem."

"That's not true, Sensei! Your poem was really motivating!" You exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Oh, look at their managers!" A random guy said, referring to you and Shimizu.