Chapter 26: Her Last Words

Note: Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran above! It's a beautiful song.

The sunlight brilliantly shone against your skin and Tsukishima's. His grip on your hand tightened; it was a very assuring gesture as you gaze sadly at your parent's grave.

You both looked at each other at the same time and you gave him a sad smile yet, meaningful. The corners of Tsukishima's lips slightly turned up with his affectionate gaze. He's been oddly attached to you ever since you tried to suicide and you've been apologizing to him constantly.

Then your eyes returned to the white carnation that fluttered in the breeze, it was neatly placed on top of the tombstone. It was your parent's favorite flower.

"Mom, Dad, I remember everything now..." You softly said, as if you were really talking to them. Tsukishima listened quietly and you continued.

"I'm sorry for forgetting about it. I'm sorry for acting like that," your voice cracked, nonetheless, you continued, "I hope you are watching me. I'll live the life I want, just like Dad said. I'll have a happy family, just like Mom wanted. So, I hope you'll forgive me."

To be honest, you didn't want to weep again because that's what you've been doing for the past few weeks. But you just miss them badly so tears slowly escaped from your eyes, and if it weren't for the pictures, you would've forgotten their faces. Maybe you really are a crybaby, just like Tsukishima said.

Your parents' remains lies in Miyagi, that's also one of the reasons why you wanted to go back. This is a decision you don't regret, otherwise you wouldn't have met the volleyball team, your friends, and Tsukishima Kei. It might also be possible that you would've forgotten your regained memories if you didn't move here.

When you remembered your mother's last words before she took her last breath, you wiped the tears away from your cheeks.

Tsukishima gave you a heart shaped box on the same day you tried to kill yourself, after. It was his mother's; she said some of the trinkets, pictures and the recording of your mother, her best friend, was inside and that perhaps you needed to see them.

The both of you listened to the recording of the accident and you found out that what you thought was your mother's last words, wasn't. It's because after she said she loved you, she was quiet for a few seconds and during that, you lost consciousness.

"...I'm sorry...my l-love..." Your mother breathed.

You felt something stuck in your throat as your consciousness faded. The situation was worse for your mother, she was still trying to stay awake because she wants to see you getting rescued. But after a while, you didn't showed any signs of movement nor you whimper, so tears started strolling down her cheeks as she gathered her strength to speak.

"Y/N, stay.....alive....Please...live...for us...." She weakly said.

"D-Don't...blame yourself..." It was clear that she was shortening her life span by trying hard to talk, but it didn't matter. She knew she wouldn't last long so your mother was desperate for you to hear her words.

"Don't forget...your promise...Y/N...We love...you..." Then her voice was gone. Her eyes wanted to close too, but she did her best to stay awake until you were out of the vehicle. You mother, smiled of relief.

Even though she told you not to blame yourself, you still did. The only difference was you won't let it hold you back now. You will forever feel that it's your fault, you weren't an idiot after all.

But you will carry the burden quietly and will live your life to the fullest as a gift to your parents. That's what you promised to them and that's all they want. Especially your mom who only achieved happiness after meeting your father, life was cruel to her before that. She had always talked to you that her biggest dream was having a happy and comfortable family.