Chapter 4: Let's Pretend

"You've calmed down, so you can go home

"You've calmed down, so you can go home. But don't forget to take a rest, and please wait for your boyfriend to take you home, that will be better considering your situation." The nurse advised as she gave you a restrained smile. You nodded softly at her before touching the white headphone around your neck. Tsukishima gave it to you to help you calm down.

You didn't bother correcting her because you were exhausted. You didn't sustain any injuries, so they just made you drink a pill that calmed your nerves.

Tsukishima asked you what happened and you told him everything. Since you dropped your bag into that narrow alley, Tsukishima went to get it.

You told him that it was dangerous and it was fine because you had your phone and wallet inside the pocket of your cardigan, but he insisted.

The nurse left you and you took a deep breath before thinking what just happened to you. You never imagined that you'll experience that terrifying situation. Your hands weren't shaking anymore but you remember how they shook uncontrollably.

When you heard the curtain being opened, you saw Tsukishima coming in with your bag on his hand. He walked to you and dropped the bag beside you.

"Oi, are you sure you don't want to report this?" He seriously asked and you looked at him with hesitation.

"...I...I don't want to leave Miyagi..." You said for the second time. Tsukishima frowned at you before sitting on a chair in-front of you.

"So you're going to let that creep follow you around?" He was annoyed.

"You don't understand, Tsukishima-san," you sighed before explaining, "I originally lived here with my parents, but when they died, my aunt brought me to Tokyo where the rest of my family lives. If I reported this, my aunt will know. She will absolutely take me back to Tokyo wether I like or not..."

"Then just go back..." He easily said.

"I don't want to. My parent's house is here, and I've been dreaming living here ever since....I'm happy to be here." Your expression softened. You clenched both of your fists because of the frustration that you felt.

"So, do you have a plan?" Tsukishima look straight into your eyes.

"N-Nope..." You averted your gaze and you heard him sigh.

Why am I even helping her? It's none of my business. He thought, but he can't get rid of the terrified look on your face earlier inside his head.

"The nurse told me you can go home, let's go." Tsukishima said quietly, as if he was thinking. You nodded and finally stood up, but you almost fell if it weren't for Tsukishima's fast reflex.

This was what the nurse meant when she told you that it was better for him to take you home. But honestly, what surprised you is the fact that he was willing to take you home. You thanked him softly and tried your best to give him a smile. Smiling was you specialty after all.

Since your legs were wobbly, Tsukishima supported you while you where walking. He let you hug his left arm as a support while you walk, and he was carrying both of your bags on his right hand.

You smiled at him everytime he looks at you to let him know that you appreciate him.

After he paid the bill using your card, you took a bus, and while you both were walking towards your house, Tsukishima was looking around. He was trying to find if someone was following or watching you.

When you arrived at your house, Tsukishima still supported you since you almost fell again when you let him go. He guided you until you arrived in your room.

You unconsciously looked at Tsukishima's reaction, but his face was neutral. It seems like he wasn't baffled about the fact that he's inside a girl's room. You didn't know that he was learning about you while looking around.

He helped you sat on your bed while he put your bags on the floor. He silently left the room and you wondered what was he gonna do.

Tsukishima came back with a glass of water.

"T-Thank you, Tsukishima-san." You said as you clutched the glass.

While you were drinking, Tsukishima sat beside you and you were shocked when he put his hand on your forehead.

Then he frowned, "You really got a fever." He took out a medicine in his pocket and placed it on your bed table.

The nurse told him that you might get a fever tonight, so he got a medicine. But the nurse told him that you have to eat first and he assumed that you haven't ate yet because of what happened.

"Do you have a food that doesn't need to be cooked?" He flat out asked since he didn't know how to cook.

Tsukishima can't leave you alone at the risk of you falling down the stairs. He told himself that if you died, it would be bothersome. We all know that Saltyshima is not that honest about his feelings.

"A-Ah, no. You can go home now, Tsukishima-san. You've done enough for me."

"Just tell me wether you have or not." Tsukishima seriously said.

"I-I made onigiris this morning, they're inside the refrigerator..." You stammered.

(Note: An onigiri is a rice ball.)

Tsukishima brought back a plate with three onigiri and demanded you to eat. And you did, but it was so awkward because of the silence between you two. It was so awkward that you stared at everything but him while eating.

"Let's pretend," he suddenly said and he smirked when you finally looked at him.

"W-What...?"

"I'll pretend to be your boyfriend and I'll protect you."

"H-Ha? W-Why would you do that?" You asked, confused at his proposal.

"I won't tell you, but it's not for free. And I'll only act as your boyfriend until your stalker stops." Tsukishima added.

"Then...what do you want?" You hesitantly asked, you stopped eating while waiting for his answer.

"Be my personal servant for the rest of the year." He grinned at you sadistically while your expression was fully flabbergasted.

"It's not so bad, isn't it?" He continued, your mind was already spinning around that you can't think straight.

But you considered it, what could be so bad about being Tsukishima's servant? You're like his servant anyway since you're the club's manager. The main idea that he's going to take you home everyday put you at ease. You definitely can't afford to go home alone after that horrifying experience.

"F-Fine! But...you can't kiss me, Tsukishima-san." You basically whispered the last words you said.

Then he laughed and you blushed because of it, but you don't regret it since you want your first kiss to be taken by the man you'll love. You were always this old fashioned, but you just fantasized those true love stories in the old times.

"As if I'll do that, it seems that your fever is that high that you're starting to be delusional, Pancake."

"Don't worry, I'm sure that you wouldn't want to kiss me when everything is over."

++++

UNEDITED