Chapter 24: Unraveled Past

Your eyes slowly opened as your sight adjusted in the darkness

Your eyes slowly opened as your sight adjusted in the darkness. You were facing a blank wall and you sat as your gaze scanned the room. It seems that it's already evening.

It took you a couple of seconds before blushing and realizing that you're in Tsukishima's room, plus you just slept on his bed. He was not here and you were thankful that he can't see you freaking out about what happened before you two fell asleep.

It still feels surreal that if you didn't woke up on his bed, you would think it was just a dream.

(Note: No, you didn't do it. 😂)

Suddenly, your phone rang and it startled you, so you frantically answered it without seeing who called you.

"H-Hello?"

[Y/N-chan, are you okay?]

You recognized the familiar voice; it's your Aunt.

"Yes, Auntie. Is there something wrong?"

[...You haven't seen what I sent you, have you?]

"No, you sent me a message?" Her tone got you feeling nervous and curious at the same time.

[Yes, but you can read it after this call ended.]

"Okay..." You answered hesitantly. She was acting weird and she kept sighing over the phone.

[Y/N, do you remember when I asked you about that photo you had of your boyfriend?] She was referring to Tsukishima's picture when he was young. The embarrassing situation of that day entered your mind and you got red again.

"Auntie, are you still gonna tease me about it?"

[Well, I took a picture of it with my phone before I confronted you. I was planning to show it to Tetsurou and everyone, but I just discovered something.] She explained and worried laced her voice. You can tell she was frowning right now.

"Auntie?! Tetsu-nii will overreact again!" It was obvious in your tone that you were ashamed and flustered.

[Don't worry, I haven't. But Y/N, have you still not recovered all of your memories before the accident?]

Your expression immediately got solemn. It really is odd when you think about it, you remember when you woke up inside the car after it crashed, you also remember some of the memories you had with your parents here in Miyagi. That's why you wanted to go back.

But there was still a lot that was missing. For example, you don't remember what happened before the accident or how the car even crashed. Although lately, some snippets would enter your mind; like kids walking hand in hand, you crying and someone calling you "crybaby". But it's vague and unclear.

"...No, I still can't remember some of them..." Your voice cracked and you looked gloomy. Your Aunt sighed over the phone before telling you to look at what she sent and bidding goodbye to you.