Chapter 28: Meeting Aki

Your eyes scanned through the milk options in the dairy section of the store.

Tsukishima was planning to have a dinner with you and you remembered that you haven't thanked him yet for supporting you when you regained your memories. So you decided to make a little strawberry shortcake for him.

Feet started sliding across the floor as your eyes narrowed. Then as if it's your specialty, you bumped into someone again, but it was just slight.

You wondered if you have a terrible luck or just clumsy.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" You looked down.

"It's okay, miss! Are you okay?" The guy asked and he sounded apologetic so you finally showed him you face.

"Yes, I'm—Aki-nii?" (E/c) eyes blinked at the blond haired and tall guy in front of you.

At first, he too looked baffled, but recognition dawned on his face when he remembered. The corners of his lips turned up real fast and his eyes sparked like a kid.

"Y/N-chan?!" He exclaimed and you smiled brightly at the fact that he still remembered you.

Tsukishima Akiteru was in front of you looking tall and lean, far from the gaudy kid he was back in the past. Nevertheless, it looks like he's the same cheerful and reliable guy.

"Nice to meet you again, Aki-nii!"

"Yeah, though I'm only staying here for a few days..."

"Oh, is that so? When did you got back?" You asked in a friendly manner. It was a long awaited reunion, and now you kinda feel sorry for your boyfriend because you can't even remember him when you met again.

"Two days ago, and I'm staying here for a project actually, so I've been busy..." He grinned sheepishly as his hand scratched his nape.

"Two days ago?," your brows furrowed, "Kei didn't tell me anything!"

When you mentioned his brother's name, Akiteru's expression saddened and his smile faded rapidly. It was like you pushed a wrong button.

Immediately noticing the sudden change of atmosphere, you frantically scanned through your memories if you had said anything that might've offended him.

"I-I'm sorry! Did I offend you or something?" You looked like a pained puppy and when Akiteru heard you, he panicked.

"I-It's not your fault, don't worry! I just reacted like that...because Kei and I..." He glanced sideways and looked reluctant to continue what he was saying.

This lead you to think that perhaps, Akiteru and Kei has unsolved conflict between the two of them. And now that you really think about it, your giant of a boyfriend doesn't really tell you anything about his brother that he admired so much since you were kids.

As you were about to tell your friend that he doesn't have to say it if it makes him uncomfortable, a voice interrupted.

"Y/N."

Your eyes widened when you heard Kei's voice behind you and your head whipped to him. Surprisingly, he wasn't looking at his brother, but you.

His face was blank and expressionless. It was obvious that he was avoiding his brother's eyes.

"Are you done?" He coldly ask and you got an uncomfortable feeling.

"A-Ah, yeah. I'm done..." You replied in a quiet voice, unsure of what to do. Akiteru was looking apologetic and stared at the floor.

"Then let's go." Your boyfriend's voice was firm and when he turned his back, you bid goodbye to his brother.

"See you later, Aki-nii!" A smile forced on your lips when you tried to sound cheerful to not hurt your childhood friend's feelings.

"Yeah, be careful." Akiteru on the other hand had a gentle smile plastered on his face while he watched you walk away with his brother.

He was feeling a little bad that you are now going to face a problem about his little brother because of him.

As you walked side by side with Tsukishima, he was awfully quiet and the air was getting thick. Your boyfriend is not that talkative, but his silence right now is different.

It was like he was telling you not to ask.

"Pancake, can we postpone our dinner?" He suddenly asked and your eyes vigorously blinked at him. Tsukishima was avoiding your gaze.

"Uh, sure," you cleared your throat, "...Are you...okay?"

Your heart was feeling heavy all of a sudden. It was guessable why he's not in the mood anymore, but you still can't help feeling down.

Since you had a passing thought that maybe you can help him if you manage to convince him to tell you his problem. It's kinda upsetting that you tell him all of your burden but he doesn't tell you his.

However, your sad expression was ignored and after you paid for all of the grocery items, he dropped you home and left.

Of course, you were in the slumps at first, but then you thought that this is a great opportunity to be Tsukishima's support. Just the thought of him made you optimistic and energetic.

So you researched for hours, practiced conversing in a gentle manner and giving advice that actually came from you.

But when the actual scenario came, he avoided you. Yes, he would talk to you in practice but they were just words of a teammate. In class, he would stare out the window and listen to his music until the teacher came.

It was like, he was pushing you away.

Tsukishima didn't gave you a chance to ask him about anything and you can't really bother Yamaguchi right now because he was trying his best to be a reliable pinch server.

Everyone in the team was so focused on practicing that no one really noticed that you and Tsukishima were not acting like you usually do. They were practicing new moves like Libero toss, synchronization attack and others.

Actually, you didn't give them a chance to think if there was something wrong between you two and Hinata and Kageyama's conflict was enough to keep their eyes away from you.

You were wondering everyday about the things that Tsukishima had to endure alone when you were not beside him. You also felt guilty about how he still did everything for you when you came back, even though you can't remember him—just imagining how painful that must be hurts your head.

But you have no idea about his life at all. It's shameful, that you didn't even know he was not on good terms with Akiteru currently until you met him at the market.

Each day, each time you walk to school and home with him, you feel like you're slowly drowning again. You hate that you're helpless. You despise the fact that you can't help him at all.

You don't like that you stay quiet when he pushes you away.

++++
Author's Note:

AHHH SORRY FOR THIS VERY SHORT CHAPTER! ANYWAY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE READS, VOTES, AND COMMENTS!

I can't explain how I wanna cry out of happiness! Thank you!

UNEDITED