Chapter 10: Nekoma's Little Sister

The sky is clear and there's no clouds blocking the blaring sun. But even so, it's still cold that you had to wear a jacket.

You took a deep breath before lifting the things that you need to bring inside of the gymnasium together with Shimizu. The team had already went and met with Nekoma's VBC.

You were sure that your cousin is probably looking for you now. But you weren't sure if you can keep a mask on while Kuroo is in Miyagi. Sometimes, you think that he can read you like a book, especially when you lock gazes, that's why you tend to avoid his observing stares.

"Y/N-chan, won't you regret choosing us?" Shimizu suddenly asked you as you both organize things. There was a sad tone in her voice, but you just smiled softly.

"Absolutely not! I have friends in Tokyo too, Shimizu-san, but I feel free here in Miyagi," you explained cheerfully and then she gave you a soft smile after realizing your determination.

"I'm so excited for this match!" You heard a unfamiliar voice entering the court. Then your head swiveled to the entrance and your eyes sparkled.

"You're too noisy, Inuoka." A very familiar voice said in a motherly tone.

Enthusiastically, you stood up and ran straight to the short libero of Nekoma's team.

"Yakucchi!" You hugged him tight that you could've fell on the floor if he wasn't strong.

"Y/N! How's our little sister?" You released each other and he asked you in a lovingly way as he pats your head.

"I'm feeling great!" You exclaimed as you grinned widely.

"Oh! I MISS YOU Y/N-CHAN!!" Taketora headed to you for a hug but you swiftly avoided him. You can't believe that he was the same one who couldn't talk to you for a year.

"I see you still haven't changed, Yamamoto-san," you gave a short laugh at him and then you felt a hand on top your head.

"How's my cheeky little cousin?" Kuroo teasingly said and you frowned at him.

"Tetsu-nii!! You weren't messaging or calling me at all!" You pouted and he grinned at you teasingly. You didn't know that your teammates where amused while watching your interactions with the other team (even though you've already told them that your cousin is the captain of Nekoma's VBC). The adults from Karasuno, however, were confused.

"That's because I'm confident that you're fine." Then he gave you a proud look, and you almost fell for it if only Kenma didn't say anything.

"You were telling us everyday to ask how's Y/N doing..." Kenma nonchalantly passed behind Kuroo while playing his game.

"Ah, I see." You gave Kuroo a dead look and you left him for Kenma. Your cousin looked dejected.

"That's why I thought it was weird that you were texting me everyday, Ken-chan." You said and Kenma decided to stop his game and put it back in his bag.

"Well, I was worrying too." He smiled at you, and this is an achievement that took you years to see.

"Aww, you're so adorable, Ken-chan!" You squealed and went to hug Kenma.

"I can't breathe, Y/N..." Kenma looked troubled, so Yaku pulled you off of him.

"I'm glad that you're still the same too," Yaku grinned at you as you bashfully apologized to Kenma. Well, you have this irresistible impulse to hug everything that's cute.

"But your boyfriend might get jealous," he added. Remembering where you are right now and what's happening, your eyes looked for Tsukishima and you immediately saw him beside the first years.

Coincidently, he looked at you too and you blushed slightly.

"What boyfriend are you talking about?" Kuroo approached Yaku and you and asked with a murderous look. Everyone in the Nekoma team that knows you looked confused and curious as well. That's understandable since you only told this information to Yaku. Well, he knew by accident.

You were walking home with Tsukishima when Yaku called and when you answered, he heard Tsukishima and was panicking so you blurted out that he was your boyfriend. You made him promise not to tell anyone in the team since you never thought that they'd have a practice match together.

"I-I have a boyfriend in the team," you sweat dropped as you averted your gaze away from Kuroo's menacing stare.

The people that was watching thought that this could be bad. Sugawara and Daichi's parental instincts were kicking in, they wanted to protect Tsukishima from getting murdered.

"Huh?! Why didn't I know this? And who the hell is he?" He asked once more and Yaku gave you a guilty grin.

"W-Well, y-you weren't contacting me—," you didn't finished what you were saying when someone behind you interrupted.

"Tsukishima Kei. Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N's boyfriend." You turned around and there was a giant towering behind you. He was smiling at Kuroo but you can clearly tell that it was a fake smile.

"Oh? I'm Kuroo Tetsurou, Y/N's cousin," Kuroo returned the fake grin and offered his hand to Tsukishima. He accepted it and now it's visible that they want to crush each other's hand.

"Are? I thought you were someone more important since you're acting overprotective."

"Hahaha! I didn't know you were irritating."

"Thank you."

"Don't worry, you're just a boyfriend. My precious cousin will break up with you someday~."

"Don't worry, I'll marry her before that happens."

"HUH?!" This is where Kuroo lost his cool and his teammates were holding him back from attacking Tsukishima, while you, his girlfriend, is dumbfounded because of what your pretend boyfriend said.

"Then, I'll take her back." Tsukishima bowed his head slightly before holding your hand and taking you away from Nekoma's team which made Kuroo more furious.

"Don't pick a fight from the other team, Tsukishima!" Sugawara scolded when you got back. Nishinoya and Tanaka were praising the salty giant for being "manly".

"I didn't know you were close with the other team, Y/N-chan!" Hinata shouted.

"Well, I often hang out with them, so they're basically my brothers."

"Are they a strong team, Y/N-san?!" Kageyama inquired and you nodded at him.

"You guys better get ready! The match is starting soon!" Ukai yelled and the team's focus was back to the match. It seems that Daichi had already explained to Ukai and Takeda the relationship you have with the other team.

You sighed and walked to sat beside the busy goddess. Unconsciously, your gaze went towards your pretend boyfriend who is currently drinking water.

You weren't expecting what he said earlier to Kuroo. Deep down, you wished it was true, but you know better than anyone else that that was just a lie. Your relationship itself is a lie.

So your heart shouldn't be hurting like this. What are expecting? Tsukishima's not interested in you, and you're suppose to do the same.

You shouldn't ask for more since he's already helping you and you haven't done anything to pay him for his efforts. He's not treating you like a servant at all.

So you're going to continue ignoring your feelings.

"Tsukishima! Stop glaring at Nekoma's middle blocker!" Ukai yelled angrily and that brought you back into your senses.

You looked at Tsukishima and noticed that he's exchanging glares and smirks with Kuroo. You laughed at them because you thought they were acting childish.

You definitely want to stay with him, so you'll forget your feelings.

++++

UNEDITED