Chapter 20: The Floozy

The taste of bitter coffee slipped through your throat. You don't particularly hate it nor like it, it's just you needed something bitter and coffee is the best option since you couldn't sleep well last night.

After coming to your senses, you regretted that you yelled at Tsukishima yesterday, but you meant every word that you said.

You sighed before you decided to leave your house and go to school. While you were walking, your friends entered your mind and you started wondering if they'll be fine; especially Hinata, Kageyama and Yamaguchi.

But when you remembered Tsukishima's flustered expression after you shouted at him, you started to feel guilty and you considered wether you'll still come to class or not. You're too ashamed and sad to face him.

"Oh! Y/N-chan!" Mina was running to you with Kiyoka and Himiko.

Your face lit up and you greeted Mina with a tight hug. Kiyoka and Himiko giggled at your childlike behavior and Mina gave you pat on the back.

"I missed you guys!" You said in a whiny tone.

"We're the same! That's why we decided to wait for you here!" Kiyoka grinned widely.

Your eyes glistened with happiness when you heard your friend. This is the first time that your friends waited outside of the school's gate for you. You never had real friends back in Tokyo because they were all jealous of the fact that you're close with the boy's volleyball team.

"D-Don't start crying!" Himiko panicked as she tried to wipe your tears with her handkerchief.

"We lost..." You softly muttered and their faces got gloomy.

"You can still turn things around! So don't be down right now, as a manager, you need to support your team, right? You're still gonna win the spring tournament, right?" Kiyoka flashed you a smile.

You shut your eyes before giving her a brave look and smiling, "You're right!"

"Then let's go, 'cause we're gonna be late!" Mina cheerfully said as she grabbed your hand and started leading the way to the classroom. Soon, you noticed how some of the students started giving you weird looks.

"Ah, by the way, Y/N-chan, your broke up with Tsukishima already spread like a wildfire among the students." Himiko said and you glanced at her. You didn't tell them the truth but you told them over text that you've broken up with Tsukishima.

But, you clearly told them that you're gonna stay friends with him and at first, they thought it was weird, but you eventually convinced them.

"I guess it can't be helped." You sheepishly grinned.

Himiko's face, transformed into a frown, as well as Kiyoka and Mina's. You blinked at the sudden change of expression, but you got a bad feeling so you decided not to ask.

Eventually, you reached the classroom without hindrance, but there were many students gossiping about your "break up" with Tsukishima. Your expression looked troubled when you imagined how annoyed Tsukishima must be because of these students.

But you saw him sitting calmly at his seat while facing the window and listening to music with his headphones, so you concluded that nothing affected him at all; Yamaguchi however, got his head on the desk and looked like he didn't want a conversation at the moment, so you didn't approached him.

However, before you got to your seat, a girl with a shrilly voice approached Tsukishima and the expression your friends wore was a disgusted one. You all know her too well—Imabari Touka or also know as, "The Floozy".