Chapter 6; The Beast's Forest

I spent the next few days making sure that my Classmates felt like they could trust me, true I was there to get information on them but nothing more. I wasn't there to make friends or anything, they would be only a memory when I'm done. It was the day I leave my brother and go on this field trip.

I stood at the door with him, "okay, so there is money on the table. Oh! Don't forget to call Sven or Aaron, they'll stop by tomorrow to make sure your safe. Also I'd rather not be forced to come home with you hurt and—" he cuts me off from rambling on.
"I'll be fine, Sis. I promise I'll be careful while your gone, plus I know better then to sneak off." He pulls me into a hug.
"I've just never been away for more then a day and.." I sigh and pull away from the hug. "Be careful, I love you."
"I love you too, sis. Now go, before they leave without your worrying self." He laughs and pushes off the small staircase.

I waved to him and off, I decided I'd walk to school today instead of ride the train. It was slower but it was more peaceful, I felt different walking around in a school uniform, people didn't look at me or whisper around me. If they did it was just acknowledging the school that I'm attending. When I wore my old outfits people would try to avoid me as much as they could and be very cautious.

I walk down the sidewalk when I hear a yell from behind me, I turn and see Midoriya running over to me. I smile a little, "hey, Midoriya."
"Hey, Chikako, why are you wearing your jacket? We weren't supposed to." He asks walking next to me.
"I- Umm, forgot is all. Routine ya know." I laugh it off and nervously pull at the sleeves. "So, Midoriya, I'd rather you call me (N/N) instead, to be completely honest." I look over at the crosswalk.
"Oh, then you can call me I-Izuku!" He says quickly and I only nod, the light changes letting us cross the road.

We get to school and found everyone else waiting at the bus, I walk over and yawn a little. "This camp better be worth it." I mumble under my breath, Aizawa looked at me and sighed.
"I thought I made it clear that you are to come without your jacket." I sigh and nod a little.
"Yeah, you did." I sigh a little. He turns and tells everyone to get on the bus, I follow them keeping my head down.

Honestly, I didn't want to show all the scars the sat on my arms. I wore tights under my skirt so all the scars theres were hidden. Sure I was used to them and I used them to my advantage when I can but since most of theses are self inflicted I don't want people getting the wrong idea. I made them from mostly self defense and operations. I heal fast but if the cut I make is too deep enough it's leave a scar. The bullet through the neck was starting scar but luckily it was at the back of my head so it was easily hidden.

I sat down on the bus and sighed gently, I lean back and watch everyone else file in. I lean on the window and put my headphones in, I look over as Todoroki sits next to me. I shrug and looked back out the window, my eyes look outside as the bus leaves the school. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little excited, I mean I've never been at a camp before so it was an experience.

An hour in and my phone dies, I sigh and decide to just pretend I'm listening to music so no one tries to talk to me. I listen to the banter of my classmates, some yelling but nothing too crazy. Aizawa looked so done with today already and Bakugo looked mad like usual. Everyone was talking and getting along, but Todoroki and I just sat in the back silently. Then I heard my name come up. "What's the deal with Chikako? She just wore the jacket even when Aizawa pointed it out?" I rolled my eyes.
"I don't know asked her if you want to know that, Pikachu?"
"Okay." I heard a slight shuffle. "YO! Todoroki! Get her!" I sigh a little, I feel a tapping on my shoulder.

I look over to see most of the bus looking at me, I pull out my headphones and groan. "What the hell do you want?" I knew the answer but I didn't want them to know that.
"Why won't you take the jacket off?" I shrug and look back out the window.
"Why do you care, Kaminari. I just like it, nothing else to it." I spent the rest of the trip in silence.

Eventually the bus pulls over and we all get up and we stood on what seems to be a look out point. I notice a group of four standing there, they soon said "Wild Wild Pussycats" in unison. Izuku started to fanboy over them, I sighed and stood to the side while they were talking about things. I zoned out long enough to suddenly get through off the cliff and into the forest.
"Damn it."

We all stood around, when a beast came towards us. Koda tried to talk to it but it didn't work, be I knew it everyone started fight them. I growl under my breath and felt useless, I couldn't use my blood quirk so I'll have to improvise. I quickly jumped into a tree and landed on the back of a flying beast, I violently kicked as hard as I could at the base of its head. It nose dived into to ground, I jumped right before impact and landed perfectly. I ran forward coming across a porcupine-like beast, I cuss under my breath. It shoot quills at me and I dodged them, barley. I pick up the gigantic quill, and look around. No one was paying attention to I was doing so I cut myself a little and put the blood on the one end for more control. I throw it like I was in a javelin throwing match, I quickly activated my blood quirk and it drove the spear through its head.

After a long day of fighting through the forest we came out of the tree line seeing our teacher waiting. My body was tired and worn out, it was more healing then I was used to and I avoided using my blood quirk for the most part. I listen to what was being told to me but I just wanted to lay down. I could barely laugh when Izuku got kicked in the balls, I felt bad but it still was funny.

Everyone was brought inside and was told where their rooms were and about dinner. Soon Aizawa left us to our own devices, I started to walk away. I soon find my room and sigh, I pull my jacket off and take my shoes off. I lay down on the bed, the room was nice... nicer then I was used to. I looked over at the mirror and look at all the cuts, I sighed. "This isn't where I belong... look at yourself, (L/N)," I sit up and sit crisscross looking down at my hands. "These bloodless hands are nothing but red in my eyes, don't get delusional and think you can be anything but a murderer." I look out the window. "Ume... I know you are not with me anymore... but I wish you could help me through this." I mutter to myself, leaning on the wall now and hold myself gently. "I shouldn't be here."