Chapter 14; Truth Spilling

...Dream...

I stood in a wasteland, nothing but gray and black ash filled the air and covered the ground. I stood in a lake, my hair felt long and heavy. My skin matched the ash grays, I moved my gray fingers through my hair, blood filled my hair fibers as if it was blood. The gray water unturned into a dark red, dread filled me. I step out of the now crimson lake onto the ash shore. My blood soaked feet mixed with ashes, they stuck to my skin like leeches. The wasteland quiet with a small crackle of a fire somewhere, I noticed a single golden ember float by my face. Without a second thought I started to walk in that direction, my hair dragged behind me. As I walked more embers followed, then something cracked under my foot. I bent down brushing ash from the surface, slowly a rib cage was revealed to me. I stood back up and walked 'til I stood on the edge of a cliff.
A bright warmth crackled, the golden sea flicked over a city. Peoples screams echoed out into the smoggy, thin air. I took one foot out in front of me, I sighed and stepped back, before taking one huge leap off. The flames licked my legs and torso as I landed in the raging fire. My blood soaked hair dosed the flames, I just stood there in the warmth, in the raging fire of my life.

...End Dream...

My eyes slowly crack open, the window was open wide. The new bed was softer then my last, I looked over to Daichi. He laid lazily cross the bed, his blanket laid on the ground, along with one of his pillows. I slowly got out of the bed, the dream being forgotten. I got ready for the day, with a quick shower, simple makeup, a more lay backed outfit. I pulled out a cigarette from my bag and lit it next to the window, being careful not to set any alarms of. I sat in the window seal, not wanting to be on the balcony. I lean back and sigh, I hear him stir. "Sis?"
"Hmm?" I don't look at him.
"Put that out! You're gonna get us in trouble!" He whispers yells, getting up. His hair was messy and going in every direction.

He grabs the cigarette from my hand, putting it out on the metal of the window. I pouted and stood up annoyed, "you can't do that anymore, you can't smoke it illegal." He crossed his arms.
"Dai, I'll stop but I just need time." I walked over to the door, and down the hall. I left Daichi so he could get ready, I walked to the kitchen and started to brew coffee.
A few minutes later a heard talking out infront of the dorms, my legs move seemingly on their own to the closet window. I notice the entire class with Aizawa outside as he speaks, I sigh and put on my 'shy' face. As he opens the door my persona changes into a timid demeanor.

Everyone looked around until I was noticed, Bakugo looked slightly annoyed. "Hey, guys." I waved, most waved or said some type of greeting. Everyone looked around as Aizawa explained everything, my brother walked down the hall. "Dai, aren't you going out to see your friend?" I asked ignoring everyone else.
"Who's that!?" I heard Demi ask quickly, I looked at Aizawa. He said and gesture to him.
"This is Chikako Daichi, her brother and her will both live in the dorms for family reasons. He'll be temporarily be in the girls wing until his room is finished." I simply nod after he was done, most showed understanding in one way or another.
"Dai, be home by your usual curfew, if you aren't I will hunt you down." I smiled sickly sweet, he sighed.
"Yeah, yeah. I will, I'll send a text when I'm there." I rub his head, showing more motherly affection. He walks out, without another word. I sip my cup of coffee, sitting down on a couch.

The night went on and I wonder the halls before I see Bakugo. My mask dropped, my face darkens slightly. "Rapunzel, we should talk." He said more aggressive.
"What dipshit? What could you possibly be asking me?" I drop my hands next to my thighs as if I was trying to grab daggers that weren't there.
"Who the hell are you? Why did All For One call you by a different name, Rapunzel?"
"Up front aren't you? I'm just another student trying to build a career from the ground up." I felt a smug smirk spread across my lips.
"What the fuck does that mean!? And when we were captured you looked like you didn't care! The hell are you up to?" He growled out walking closer until our bodies were only a foot apart, I refused to shrink away.
"I'm worse then you think, Bakugo Katsuki." I walk past him, hitting his shoulder. "And I'll be out of here soon enough."

I spent the rest of the evening sitting a top my bed painting the wall, I was just doodling with no real plan but as I painted the picture felt more familiar. It was a painting of a burning city below a cliff, I stared at it feeling like something was missing. I dabbed red onto my brush and slowly add a silhouette of a girl.

 I dabbed red onto my brush and slowly add a silhouette of a girl

(Original found on google, edited by me.)

I sat there for probably an hour, my hair was styled to look like a knock of Jasmine and I wore a cropped top and shorts not expecting guest expect my brother. I became so engrossed in the art work that when someone knocked I didn't even think clearly. "Come in." I call out, forgetting my appearance.
"(N/N)? I wanted to talk-" I hear Izuku say softly before cutting himself off. I turn to him and smile a little.
"Sup?" I place the paint brush down on my trey of paints.
"What are you painting?" He asks not making direct eye contact with me, sitting down on the couch opposite of me.
"Don't know. Anywho, what's up Izuku?" I sat crisscross, my body completely towards him, hunched over.
"I j-just wanted to know if you were alright... you know after everything? And I wanted to know about your brother..." he trails off eyes moving from my eyes to the painting once more.

I begin to explain that I'm fine and the lie I told Aizawa to get suspicion off of me. I stand up and walk over to the backpack on the floor, my Jasmine hair moves in front of me. I ruffle through it grabbing a charger for my phone. "Hey, if you don't mind me asking... why do you have all of those... s-scars?" He says timidity. I let out a sigh and sit down.
"Well, my quirk of healing, heals the worst of my injuries but if it's too deep it'll scar like anyone else would but mine just heals so quickly... it's like basically just speeding up the process of healing by a shit ton." I think aloud looking up at the ceiling for a moment. "Most of these are... self done... but not for the reason you probably think." I mumble out, my words just slipping off my tongue like turpentine.
He was silently for awhile, both of us were.
"I won't ask anymore besides this, there are two round scars on the back of your neck, what are those?"