Chapter 13; Party Night

I sat atop a building reading over the info, "quirk is 'charmer', it seems he can make anyone baffle and reveal truths to him by locking eyes and smiling." I stood up re-reading the address. "Wait, this is a high class estate. Damn, okay." I jump over to the next roof quickly getting to where a needed to be.

Eventually I stopped and saw the large penthouse, I scout out from afar. I noticed people all throughout the estate, they all wore extravagant clothes. Some foreign; others not, I sighed. "Damn a party, time to improvise." I jump down and grab onto a window of a random person, I keep moving down the 10 story building until I was safely on the ground. I knew that a store was near by, I could break in and get all dolled up, steal an invite or sneak in. Get what I need and leave. I smile at the plan, and run down the road and quietly go around to the back of the store. I look at the key pad and sigh. I slip my blade into the crack of the door and move it around until it opens.

I slowly opened it and slipped in, I didn't hear an alarm but that doesn't mean they're isn't any. I stood in a back room, my head staying down to avoid any unseen cameras. I rummage through the store and eventually find the fancy dresses, some of them were over a 1,072,500 yen. It made me want to faint. I see a long velvet dress with a slit running up the left leg, it also had long sleeve but still off the shoulder. I grab it and leave the place trying not to be there for too long. I hide in an alley and change into the dress having to stash my bra in the bag so it wasn't in the way, I strap the knifes to my thighs. I put my duffle bag in a hidden hole in the alley, I walk out and down the road.

I enter the building and notice a couple arguing, they yelled back and forth. I notice an invite barely poking out of the man's pocket. I walk up to them, "are you two okay?" I ask standing more towards the man.
"Oh! You look mature, can you please explain to my fiancé that he shouldn't hide important things from his soon to be wife!" She slightly yelled at him, I think.
"It's not that important, Meg." He growls out, "I'm going home!" He pushed past me and I snatch the invite quickly and slip it in my opposite hand.
"Victor! Damn you." She sighs and crosses her arms.
"I'm sorry, miss, but if you don't mind me asking... what did you keep from you?" I say trying to tread lightly on the subject at hand.
"Apparently, he has 5 year old daughter that he's known about for a year." She frowns and looks at the elevator. "I shouldn't keep you from the party; go on and enjoy my cousins party." She walks away.

I go to the elevator and see a butler standing there, he holds his hand out. "Invitation please, madam." I hand it to him and he nods, he turns the key letting the elevator go up to that level. As soon as I stepped out onto the floor, I was hit with the smell of cigars and perfume. My hair was pulled up into a high ponytail and now stopped around lower back making it more manageable. I waiter walked over and held up a tray of glasses of white wine. I grabbed one and nodded to him, I looked around quietly; staying to the outer edge of the room. I placed my glass down on a table and moved around looking of a chance to slip out of the party.

I saw my chance, I tripped someone up slightly causing them to spill their drink on a man. I walked the opposite direction, and slipped into a hallway. I looked around the dark hall and opened a door quietly, I peer in seeing a study. I quickly go in and close the door trying to not make a sound. My throat was dry with caution, my movements were slow yet sharp. I move around the room and open drawers and cabinets, I flip through files and dig out anything I can. I stand up and notice the odd unnatural angle a painting sat on the wall, I climb up a ledge and move it. A safe sat behind it, I smirk and lean against the cold metal. My ear was pressed to it, i slowly turned the gear; my breath was no longer being drawn. I try to drown out the sounds of the party.

After a few failed attempts it opens, I pull it open and smile wide. The necklace sat perfectly with over money and jewels, I pick it up and stare at the gun that also occupied the safe. "What are you doing beautiful?" My body tenses, I refuse to look in fear of if it is the man I was stealing from. "It's rude to steal from the host, and then to ignore me? You should move away from the safe." I could hear the smugness in his voice and then the cocking of a gun.
"You think you can just shoot me?" I slowly lower myself onto the floor, never turning to face him. "Go ahead, shoot if you so wish, perfect cover for me to run off."
"I didn't invite you to my party, you are quite clever, girl. To bad I can't let you live." He pulls the trigger, the bullet enters the top of my throat. I cough and stand, I grab the gun and shoot a bullet directly next to his ear. He flinched and moved to the side, I run and jump out the window.

I land and roll on a roof a few stories down, my ankle was dislocated. I growl and spit the bullet out and snap my ankle back into place. I hiss in pain before jumping down the alley that hid my stuff. I quickly change and run back to the hideout, smiling from the thrill add just been through.

...AllMight's POV...

I talked to Tsukauchi, he talked about how there were more underground deaths. No progress was being made on Ms. (L/N), she disappeared, like she wasn't even here. We looked over every records, the last known information on this girl was before she disappeared. She was good at covering her tracks, that's for sure.