Chapter 17; Caught Red-Handed

I left Shinso and the rest of the class, I walk back to the dorms skipping the end of the day. When I walked inside the dorm, it was quiet... empty. I walk to the elevator and go up, straight to my own room. As soon that door closed my eyes went straight to my duffle bag that peeked out from under the bed, a grabbed it opening it quickly. I pull my uniform off and pull on my "working" clothes on, I pulled my duffle bag over my shoulder. My phone goes off with a simple text on display, 'change of plans, go get ready be there in 2 minutes.' I smile crossed my lips periodically, "I'm sorry but I can't handle this drama club called hero school." I opened the balcony door and jump off of the balcony, I move quickly and quietly. My coat was flapping behind me as I entered stopped in front the school. I purple portal opens, an alarm goes off and I sigh.

The blue haired, handy man steps out with Dabi and Toga for back up. Shigaraki held a bag of what I assume was money, I step toward them and I heard a voice from behind me. "Ms. Chikako! What are you doing!?" I turn my head slightly.
"I'm sor—"
"(N/N)!" I was suddenly cut off from I yell, I quickly look over to the window. My hand moves inside my duffle bag, my eyes meet with Izuku.
"(Y/N), here's the money." I look back to Tomura. I start to walk again, without a second thought my now clawed hand comes out and I grab Aizawa's scarf. His power is actived on me I merely smile, I pull the gun out that I'd taken just incase. I move it to my own head.
"I can't afford to be caught!" I yell out, my eyes filled with anger... not towards anyone but myself.
"What are you doing, (L/N)!" Tomura yells, scratching his neck.
"(L/N) (Y/N), the murderer of that man a month ago." I low growl leaves my throat. I pull the scurf that I still held tightly, I get enough leeway to slip my claws through. My claws cut my forearm open, I wince a little.
"I have to go, nice meeting you all—" My eyes meet my brothers, he stood there. His bag on the ground.

Daichi eyes filled with tears, I could see the pain in his eyes. His lips moved but I couldn't hear him, I'm suddenly I feel the hand with the gun be forcefully pulled from my head. I jump back and my blood quirk activated long enough for me to make spikes launching them toward Aizawa, I notice other pros entering the area. "STOP! Please! Stop fighting (Y/N), you don't need to do this anymore! Don't leave me..." My brother cried out, my mind movements everything seemed to stop. Time itself stopped. Words he spoke when he was younger filled my head and I felt tears start to fall, "Don't go, sissy!", was all I could hear. The other Villains left moments prior but Kurogiri was left open. "Close, Kurogiri." I mumbled, "I'm done running..." I knew he heard me, it closed as soon as those words left my mouth. I was suddenly wrapped up in Aizawa's capture weapon as my knees hit the ground. My head was down, I was crying, I was crying real tears. The last of the light I had to hold onto was flickering out.

I heard nothing no one spoke, I was numb, deaf. I was done. The only words I could speak were "I didn't want this life." Daichi came over and hugged my hunched over form.
"MY SISTER ISN'T A BAD PERSON!" He yelled at the heros, "SHE ONLY STARTED THIS TO PROTECT ME!" He cried out, his arms right around me.
"S-stop, Dai, I did terrible things... I don't deserve you." I whispered quietly and he only tightened his grip.
"Shut up! You only wanted the money. You never wanted to hurt people!"
"Dai..." I pulled up and away from my brother, he yelled and cried trying to get to me, but AllMight stopped him. "I love you, Daichi." I whispered.

I was taken to the police station for questioning, my hands were cuffed but I put up no resistance. My eyes stayed down, I sat in a empty interrogation room. The two-way mirror was nothing but a reminder of who I was, I couldn't bring myself to look at it. The door slowly opens and I look up at it. "Miss (L/N), you're a hard person to track down."

...Aizawa's POV...

I sat on the other side of the glass, watching the questioning begin. Her demeanor had completely changed, everything she did seemed to have regret and self-disappointment. "Miss (L/N), you're a hard person to track down." Tsuragamae Kenji sat down in front of her. She just watched him, not talking.
"Why did you kill, Rumiko Shin?" She looked confused for a few minutes, he sighed placing a picture down.
"It was a Job, I had to pay bills. I don't learn the name of the target. It makes it harder." She said softly.
"Who was your employer?" She thought a few seconds as if she was sorting through names.
"Yoshimitsu." She answered.
"How did this start? Why become a criminal, a villain." He asked putting the photo away in the file he had brought with him.
"I didn't want to... the fosters system is terrible. I left with my brother, we lived underground. I did little crimes, pickpocketing for money and shoplifting, but over time, I needed more money then a few bars a night and mattress to sleep on. I need a home, so I started to get more Jobs, a thief for hire. I-I watched this light of goodness grow thin. It's like quick sand, sir. The longer you're in it, the harder it is to climb out. Before I knew it I was holding hostage until one bad job and I'd kill another, my temper was lost and I couldn't stop myself. I didn't want this life, I didn't want to be a murderer! A monster! I-I... just wanted my brother to be happy, live a good life..." tears started to fall, she was breaking, these walls she'd built were breaking around her. "I wanted to be a hero when I was little..." she let out a soft laugh, "I-I saw that light for the first time in years when at U.A., but I don't deserve anything but jail." She was shaking slightly.

I look over at Principal Nezu, who was watching as well. AllMight was standing by the door, I could tell he was conflicted. "Do you think she can change?" Nezu asked looking up at me, I sighed.
"She's a good kid, but feels trapped." I look back to the questioning room.
"Well yes, she's quite young and I don't think it's too late for her. Like she said, she saw the light."
"What are you saying, Nezu?" AllMight asks walking over.
"I'm saying I'm willing to teach her, she never threaten anyone but herself when she was captured. She doesn't needlessly kill for the fun of it, it's not too late for her." Nezu smiles looking at me. "As long as she wears a tracker and is kept an eye on I don't see a problem with having her return to U.A." Nezu turns back to the glass.
"Perhaps she could work with Kan Sekijirō, they have similar quirks after all." I say rubbing my neck some.
"Blood Hero: Vlad King," Nezu thinks aloud. "Sounds perfect."