When I thought I was finally Over You

But we're running through the fire
When there's nothing left to save
It's like chasing the very last train
When we both know it's too late (too late)

Beam stayed with Forth until his Dad was operated and they did their goodbyes days later.

Phana and Kit was infuriated with everything but respected Beam's decision. They did not object, they saw how Beam suffers from being connected with Forth. Especially when Phana discovers how some crazy fans tampered on Beam's car,cutting some wires that would surely caused an accident to Beam if only  he did not discover it first.  He hides if from Beam he don't want to create more stress to his friend who has been acting like a zombie for weeks since the break up. So it was him and Kit driving Beam's car alternatively if Beam refuses to ride with them.They don't think Beam can drive safely with his current condition.

Another month later, Beam was gone.
Again he volunteered to be in a medical mission. This time its way longer. He is literally working in the field now, doing missions from one place to another.

Phana and Kit cannot even do anything, they think Beam needed to be away to be able to forget everything. They cut their contact with Forth, the moment another gossip went out that he was officially dating the girl his family wants.

*

It's almost three years, Beam took his car window down and take a deep breathe of a certain City air he misses in those years he was out of the country. It's funny, its not like the air differs from the countries he's been to, it's just that he longs for more familiarity in the air now that he's finally back. Asides from that, Beam refuses to think of everything. Just like what he has been doing these three years, he will just focused on work.

Beam was done chasing the unknown and so he decided to get back.

Since his break up with Forth, Beam tries the possibility of falling in love with others. Though it was hard because of his work nature, Beam did involve himself in relationships. The last one was from a fellow doctor he work with. They have been with each other for a year when he finally call it off. It was hard for him to be intimate with his relationship after Forth. He seeks companionship with them, but he becomes rigid when his partner  wishes to advance their relationship,especially physical intimacy. So for more than a year now, he  remain single. He thought maybe love will just come even if he don't seek for it.  He don't even know what he is searching and what he is trying to prove , so he returned.

Maybe forever is just really not for him. He don't wanna take love as the only measure of happiness. Doing medical missions to the under privileged  places made him realize how lucky he is to be breathing. And there are a lot more reasons in life to be thankful of.

He looks on his passenger seat, he smiles,  now he has more reasons to smile. In the backseat is a baby cradle for car seats and lies a cute little angel  he name her Fah which means Sky or a short name for an Angel. Fah is an angel given to him by above.

Fah was legally adopted by him almost a year ago. Or maybe it was proper to say , the mother of the baby wishes him to adopt the baby as her last wish. He was doubtful at first if he is qualified to be a father, but he just really don't have the heart to send Fah to an orphanage. Besides he thinks that every baby is a blessing. It is only proper to share his blessings to this Angel.

His mom was super delighted, she keeps on nagging him to come back so she can finally spend time with her grandchild. She is so happy since she did not even expect any grand child from Beam the moment he told his Mom that he loves Forth well from ages ago.

Beam was welcomed by the loud voices of his mother and bestfriends, who are more excited to see Fah than him. He cannot complain, Phana and Kit helps him process the adoption paper. And he so love the love his family and friends are giving this beautiful angel. The baby room was beautifully decorated by them. They are so eager to spoiled Fah even if she was only a baby.

It was after Fah fell asleep that Beam was able to have some personal time with his bestfriend. From the silly jokes until  they unintentionally  touch the topic of Forth when Kit slip his tongue.

" You are back but Forth is still no where to be seen. Ops" Kit

"Kit" Phana

"Sorry" Kit

"I am good guys, its  been three years." Beam

Beam is convince he is over Forth. Forth and him broke up before things between them can really turn sour. He is glad he can finally smile when he remembers his memories with Forth.

"Okay. If you said so." Kit

"But no where to be seen?" Beam is curious.

"Do you really want to know?" Phana in a serious tone.

"Pha we just broke up, that does not make us stranger with each other. I am curious." Beam

"Forth was engaged after a year you broke up." Pha stops he hesitates to continue.

"Hmmnn? So he is finally married. I bet to a girl of his family's liking. Good for him. Sorry I really cut all my connection with Forth, I even stop reading Thai news. So are they living abroad now with his wife? But what about his career?" Beam

Phana and Kit are just observing Beam's reactions. Beam acts so fine, except for the initial shocked they noticed with the mention of engagement.

"No Beam , Forth is still not married." Kit

"He is not? Why what happen?" Beam

"They did not make it to their wedding, just a week before the wedding a  cancellation was reported by the media. Forth made a public apology and told everyone he is taking a break from his career. And that was the last time we heard of Forth." Kit

"Last time? Almost two years ago?" Beam

"Yes Beam, he goes in hiding after that that even his family have no clue where he is." Phana

"Impossible! What did Lam said?" Beam

Phana and Kit was surprise with the sudden pitch rise of Beam. They bet Beam is not even aware that he is so worked up right now.

"Beam, Forth stop doing promotions way back earlier , a few months after you broke up.  I heard Forth uses his course and finally do some engineering stuffs for a year just because his Dad was still recuperating. He never told anyone his plan for dissapering. Well Lam knows he will be leaving but he don't know where exactly. Or maybe Lam is instructed by Forth not to tell his whereabouts to anyone. You knew Lam, he would always respect and support Forth's decision.And after two years we still don't know where he is right now. " Phana

Beam was silent for a while.

That night Beam cannot sleep properly. He is bothered by Forth's dissapearance.  He is contemplating if he should message Lam. But  his logical self is not letting him. Forth and him was long been over. It felt wrong to still contact Lam to do some check up for Forth.

A/N:

Forgive the grammar and typos, sometimes I am just too lazy to check.🐷

Photos credited to the original uploader or whoever owns it.🐷