Another Visit

Beam's POV

I had a straight seven hours surgery today and it's rewarding because the surgery was a success , yet I have to admit this profession is really Physically draining even though this has been my dream job ever since.

I was already at the confined of my hospital cubicle when I got a call from the lobby of the hospital saying I've got a visitor and so I got up really quick just in case it's Forth.

Forth has been really careless these days. He has been driving my car in getting me off work. Thankfully my car is fully tinted and he just stays at the parking lot most of the times.

Despite telling him to give me more time, he still do little small tasks for me like personally sending me foods and coffee, I even wonders how he knows my break time.

I don't know what Forth does now, but he has been telling me that he has been doing engineering stuffs with his college gang and he will tell me fully about it sooner. There are days he was really busy but on days he is not, he is basically camping inside my house. A reason why most of the times he drives me in and out of hospital. He has my keys and I just let him because frowning Forth is no fun!

No Forth don't sleep at my Unit, he still drives after a little hommie time with me and Fah.

I smiled thinking about it. Forth and I are like a new parents. It's amusing to me how my baby Fah actually love being around Forth.

I was already at the lobby and I don't have to guess no more who my visitor is. A woman elegant in a simple cream colored silk dress. She is still back facing me and yet the physique is too familiar to me to not identify even at far. This woman is the first lady of Jaturapoom Empire, Emie; Forth's mother.

Beam feels more tired than he already is. He obviously still had this lingering trauma with Forth's parents. This is the second time actually he is meeting Forth's parent. The first time it was Forth's father and Beam initially told Forth's father that he will leave Forth alone and yet look at him now, he is back again with Forth. Not that he regrets it. No, never... Forth is His. And Beam doesn't care if Forth's family see him as selfish like how Forth's father has been telling him before. That staying with Forth is like bringing Forth to downfall.

Beam sighs, he just wishes this soon confrontation is set on another time. He is beyond exhausted and so he don't know if he can control his emotion well.

Honestly, Forth's mother Emie is not cruel to him like how her husband is to him. She even has this warm smile on a few occasions he met her. But still Beam is uncomfortable with her because for a fact that most of the time she is just a bystander. She does nothing even when I was showered with buckets of curses and belittling from his husband; as if she doesn't hear or see anything at all.

Honestly, this bitterness I harbor against her, is because Forth always painted on my mind how perfect his mother is. How kind and understanding she is as a mother to Forth. Forth really look up to his mother. And so I was really dissapointed, more for Forth than for me.

Beam make his appearance known by clearing his throat.

As if being snapped to her senses , Emie turns to face him and had this awkward smile as a greeting.

" Sorry, did I come on a wrong time?" Emie

" Honestly yes. I just got out from a long operation." Beam

" Oww, I don't mind, we can talk next time if you are really tired now." Emie

Beam was surprised by the sudden
soft and kind tone coming from Forth's mother. Honestly Beam has long give up the idea of being like by Forth's family. He tried for years before and it just didn't worked out. He figured both love and hate can't be forced and be mended at times.