𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚

☹☹☹

Today was the day. The day we finally went on tour for Sunset Season. The last week of rehearsals flew by so fast, I didn't even know if it actually happened.

Conan and I have been hitting it off well, but I only went as far as small talk, making sure he wasn't getting too close to me. He'd try to do that, but I wouldn't let him succeed one bit.

I was currently double checking if I had enough clothes and essentials packed with me before Mark and Alisa would drop me off to where the tour bus would be waiting. I went in my bathroom to grab an extra toothbrush just in case I lose my current one.

"Hey." Mark says as he enters the bathroom. "Hey." I say back with an excited smile that soon faded as I saw the sadness in his eyes despite that sweet smile. I walk to him and wrap my arms around his waist as tight as I could.

"Are you sure you wanna do this tour thing? Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely ecstatic for you, it's just that..." I anticipate for him to finish his sentence. "I'm gonna miss you, Prairie."

Hold up is it hot here or did my heart just melt?

I kiss him on the lips for a good minute and finally pull back. "I'm gonna be back before you know it." I say, trying to cheer him up. "You better be!" he says as he picks me up and twirls me around, making me burst in a fit of giggles.

"Alright kids, you can't be doing the hanky panky at the moment. Prairs needs to go now." Alisa opens the bathroom door and scolds us as I respond to her with an eye roll.

"Alright mother, just have to pack this toothbrush in and we're good to go." I joke as I exit the bathroom followed by Mark. I finally finish packing my stuff and we went to the parking lot, Mark holding two large trolleys, Alisa holding my favorite pin covered backpack, and me holding my bass guitar.

Mark volunteers to drive for us so I sat at the front passenger seat. I just sat there the entire trip, staring out the window and occasionally spacing out. I was excited to go on tour but in the back of my mind I knew I was gonna miss these two idiots in the car with me.

Before I knew it, we arrived at the venue just in time. Both of them get out of the car and start to give my stuff and my bass to the roadies, but I stayed inside frozen, playing with the chains on my dark colored denim pants.

"Hon, you've got to get out now. They're waiting for you." Alisa says when she noticed me just sitting in the car instead of following them out.

"I'm just really nervous, Lis."

"I can see that." she says as she points out my playing with my chains. I roll my eyes as I laugh. "What if I mess things up?" I ask, worry laced in my voice.

"Prairie honey, listen to me. You have been practicing this for a month now, and even managed to finished every song by the third week. From what I hear, I don't think you have a chance of messing up. You're going to nail every single performance just like Conan and your bandmates will."

I seriously don't deserve this bitch.

I finally get out of the car and give her a smile. "Thanks, Lis." I say, and Alisa returns a smile. But her lips soon curled into a frown as tears start welling up in her melancholic eyes. I notice this and I immediately hug her.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." she says trying to hold back her tears. "Jeez Lis, you're making it sound like I'm gonna die soon." I laugh as my eyes start to get watery as well.

"I swear I will check on you as much as I can." she assures me and I tell her the same thing. Once we released from our long embrace, I hear Christine call my name.

"Prairie, we're all waiting for you!" she yells from the distance. "Looks like I need to go now." I say as I hurriedly walk towards the bus with Alisa beside me and Mark following from behind us.

Once I get to Christine I see Conan behind her using his phone, most likely using his twitter. "You must be Mark and Alisa. Prairie's told me a lot about you both." Christine says as she shakes both their hands.

While the two were talking to Christine with Bianca joining in, a voice calls me. "Hey." I hear Conan's voice and look up to see him smiling in his large hoodie. "Uh, hey." I say rather awkwardly and immediately break eye contact with him to face Mark.

"Looks like I won't be seeing you for a long time." Mark says sadly. "Don't worry, just call me whenever you can." I say and embrace him, when I feel his shoulders tense a little bit.

"Not to sound petty or anything, but I kinda don't like how this Conan dude looks at you." he whispers to me in our embrace. "Don't worry, we're just friends. You're probably just overthinking it." I reassure Mark and finally let go of him.

"Alright, everyone ready to go? I'm dying to buy some road trip snacks." Bianca says and everyone laughs. "Okay guys, I better go now, Queen Bianca apparently has to buy some snacks." I say in between laughs.

"Don't forget the playlist I made you in case you feel a bit homesick!" Alisa reminds me. "How could I forget that? I have a feeling I'll need it more than necessary." I half-joke to her as she laughs, not aware that I secretly meant it.

After we bid our final goodbyes as well as the other band member's loved ones, we all finally went inside the bus and started the long journey ahead of us.

"So... Mark huh? What's he to you?" I hear Conan ask as walks beside me as we enter the large bus. "He's my boyfriend." I bluntly say while scrolling through instagram to avoid any eye contact.

"Oh... uh, well okay. I'll see you around then." I hear him say almost in a sad way. I shrug it off nevertheless and proceed to the sleeping quarters.

I hoped my room was as spacious as Christine's and whoever her roommates were. They had one extra bunkbed but that was where they placed their stuff in since they didn't have anywhere else to put it.

To my dismay, my room was way smaller.

This room had only two bunkbeds on one side and a drawer that was divided into two compartments on the other side where you supposedly place your things.

At least I get to arrange my stuff properly.

We were all assigned with bunkbeds already so all we had to do was find where our rooms would be. And who would be our roommates of course.

While I place my stuff in my designated bunkbed, I heard shuffling coming from the side. "Prairie?"

Oh no, please don't let this be real.

I look to my side to see the freckled boy standing in the entrance, holding his things as well. "You're staying in this room?" he asks me.

Well shit.

☹☹☹

God bless and hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!
-iana <3