𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟞

☹☹☹

There he was, standing right outside my door. "What are you doing here?" I ask surveying him up and down, noticing he hasn't brought anything with him besides his keys and cellphone.

"Uhm- I'm sorry, I know it's really late..." It kind of sounded like he was panting. I looked closer to his face and saw that his nose was tinted red along with his eyes.

"Have you been crying?" I ask him, concern laced all over my features. He didn't reply and he just looked down, tears starting to form in his eyes. He started breaking down.

I urge him to come in and he enters the apartment. I lead him to the couch in the living room and made him sit there. "Sorry, I've been such a mess." the boy says wiping his tears away.

I made my way to the kitchen to make him some tea; something to help him relax. Once I was finished, I went back to the living room and sat on the couch, giving the warm mug to Conan.

He sips on the tea and took a deep breath, setting the mug on the table in front of us. "Care to explain why you decided to come here at an hour like this?" I sounded a bit cold but deep down, words could not describe how happy I was that he came here.

I was happy but I was also confused. It was all a wide range of emotions, but I knew one thing for sure. I missed him and his damn poofy hair.

"I'm not in my very best condition,"

I can see that.

"And I wanted to talk to someone." he doesn't look at me when he answers. I took a good look at him again. I could see beneath his eyes were dark patches. In my entire friendship with Conan, I've never seen him have eye bags. Ever.

Who hurt you?

"What about Liz, where is she?" I question. His face visibly became sadder- if that was even possible. "Did... did Liz do something to you?" I was now scared- or maybe I was mad.

"She slept with my friend." was all he said. My blood begins to boil. I felt angry, and I wasn't the one who experienced it. But I understood Conan and his situation.

I give him a side hug and he places his head on my shoulder. I look at him as I feel his breathing from his back. "Do you wanna talk about it?" he doesn't reply.

"It's alright if you don't want to though." I assure him and he nods, just staying in our position. His sniffling continues and I gently shush him, careful with the way I held him as if he was extremely delicate.

After a few more minutes, he finally calms down. He finishes his tea, sitting back up and he looks up at me. "I should've known," he sighs. "I saw the red flags but I chose to ignore them. It was clear to see what she was after."

"What was she after?" I query. He sighs again and looks up at the ceiling, leaning back on the couch in the process. "Fame, Prairie. She was after fame.

"I'd notice that she'd put in extra effort when people were around. She's been manipulating me for the longest time; always getting what she wants without taking consideration of me.

"She just wants the spotlight, and that's it. She wasn't like this before, but people change. Apparently she changed for the worst. I remember her telling me it was you who wanted to gain popularity through me; life is truly ironic."

He continues to tell me the different times Liz would do all kinds of disgusting things. Hearing all of it felt so revolting. I just couldn't believe someone like Conan would be put through such torment.

Once he finished talking, he looks at my wall clock to check the time. "Oh my god, it's really late." I check the time as well and saw that it was about 1:30 in the morning.

"I need to go now." Conan abruptly stood up, his hair bouncing as he did so. He hastily walks toward the hallway where the door would be, but I run after him. I don't know what made me do it.

I grab his arm and stop him from exiting the apartment. "You can stay if you want," I say as he looks back at me. "The best thing for you to do now is to get some rest."

He gives in and says yes after a moment of contemplating. I go to my room to get a large shirt and an even larger pair of sweats that I often use when I want to be extra comfortable. I give it to him so he won't have to sleep in the clothes he was wearing right now.

While Conan changes in the bathroom, I make my way to the closet and find some pillows and a blanket. I brought these to the couch, since I didn't have a guest bedroom in this apartment.

He enters the living room just as I finish preparing the couch. "Do the clothes fit alright? I don't have that many in your size."

"Don't worry, they fit perfectly." he makes his way to the couch and sits beside me. "That's good to know." I just smile at him and nod.

"Is there anything else you need?" I ask and he shakes his head and smiles. "No, I'm all good," he continued. "Thanks by the way; for still taking me in and being here by my side despite the unfortunate circumstances. I know I hurt you before, yet here we are. "

"It's really nothing," I hesitated on what I was about to say next. "What are friends for?" I swear I saw him frown for a millisecond; or maybe I'm just sleepy. Nonetheless, both of us fell silent after that.

Nobody spoke for a while; we just sat there on the couch, spacing out into our own little universe. I snuck a tiny glance at the boy beside me.

Maybe it was just my exhaustion, but it seemed like he aged. I don't know how to describe it, but something about him felt different; in a good way. It's like he aged a year in the span of months.

Or maybe it's just the hair. 

I don't know, okay? I'm really sleepy.

I looked away from him and got lost in my own thoughts. Then from my peripheral vision, I noticed him just gazing at me. "What?" I ask him with an eyebrow raised.

I don't hear him answer. I turned my head to face his, and we had a staring contest; just like old times. He just kept staring at me; leaning his side onto the couch.

"Staring's rude y'know." I say. his eyes were full of an emotion I just couldn't read. I was now vexed by his sudden strange behavior.

I see his mouth open slightly but close again, as if he wanted to say something. I was now getting impatient as I couldn't get anything out of Conan when I would speak.

I sigh exasperatedly. "Just spit it out, Conan. I'm getting really sleepy." Instead of an answer however, I receive something more unexpected.

He leaned in, closing the space between the both of us, and he closes his eyes. I sat there frozen, unable to think of any course of action. He was slowly getting closer, and closer. I still couldn't move.

Next thing I knew, our lips brushed against each other.

☹☹☹

Hope you like this lil chapter treat ;)
Also have this very pure Conan

Hope you like this lil chapter treat ;)Also have this very pure Conan

God bless and hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!
-iana<3