𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟝 • 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝

☹☹☹

•Conan•

There she was, right outside the balcony, in her pajamas. I got out of the car and slowly walked towards the building she was in.

As I walked closer, I noticed something strange about Prairie. I was about to call out her name but once I was near enough, I knew I shouldn't.

She was crying.

She looked so deep in morose about something. I hear her sniffling occasionally along with very soft sobs that you can barely hear.

I looked at her for a moment, just basking in the view. Even if she cried she still looked beautiful. Even I couldn't pull that off; I'd look like I got stung by a fucking wasp or something.

I start to walk back to my car, not making a sound so as to make sure she isn't aware of my presence. I didn't wanna bother her with my problems; it already looks like she's drowning in her own ones.

I get inside my vehicle and just sit there for a few moments. I sigh as I start the car and drive out to the road, leaving the crying girl alone.

After I arrived at my home, I changed out of my clothes and into my pajamas. Then I cried for a few minutes, still comprehending today's events.

I should've expected this to happen anyway. I had a feeling my relationship with Liz was sort of dying, but I still kept my rose colored glasses on and lived life without a care.

And because of that I hurt Prairie; and in the end I hurt myself.

Once I calmed down, I immediately opened my phone and typed in Ashley's name on FaceTime as if done by muscle memory. I pressed the call button without any hesitation.

She answered the call and her face was instantly painted with worry at what she saw on screen. "Conan, have you been crying?" asks the girl on the other line of the video call.

I didn't reply as I just stare at my reflection on the screen. My eyes were slightly puffy from the crying, and my nose was still red. "What happened? Did someone hurt you?" I hear Ashley ask more.

I try to string up a few words and speak, but instead choke out a sob recalling what had happened. "It's Liz," I say, composing myself. "I caught her cheating on me with Cam."

"Hold up, hold up," Ashley shook her head. "Liz is sleeping with Cam, as in Cameron, your friend?" I just nod in response.

"I'm 'bouta kill someone tonight." she mutters over the video call, which made me stifle a small laugh, still sounding strange from my runny nose.

"How are you holding up?" she asks. "Not so good, as you can see." I softly spoke, lightly sniffling at the end of my sentence.

"It's my fault, Ash. I should've known something like this would happen. I was too naive despite knowing my current situation with Liz."

"To be fair, Liz was bad news from the beginning..." I could hear her mumble to herself but I just ignore it. I ponder over what she said.

Maybe she really was. I just insisted on seeing the good side of her, and look where it got me.

"Everything's gonna be okay. If you need anyone to talk to, I'm only a ring away." she assures me, and I start to feel a bit better about everything. Sometimes I don't know how I have Ashley as my best friend.

"I already dumped her, and I don't think I'll be talking to Cam for a while. What do I do now, Ash?" I ask, genuinely feeling in the dark.

"I suggest you clear your head. You're obviously exhausted from all this, not to mention the recent release of your debut album- congrats by the way, I'm so proud of you." she then stops rambling and remembers her point. "You're overwhelmed, Cone. Get some rest, or maybe some alone time."