𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜

☹☹☹

It had been a day since I had that conversation with Conan. When everyone decided it was time to sleep I went to my room as fast as I could and pretended to sleep once Conan entered the room so that I didn't have to talk to him again.

The next morning, I woke up feeling cramped and suffocated in my bunkbed, as I wasn't used to sleeping in a tight space like this. I stood up and did some stretching to make sure I wouldn't have any body aches throughout the day.

I looked over at Conan's bunkbed and saw that he was still asleep despite it being 11am already. I walked out of my room to find out the girls were already eating their brunch. "Morning, sleepyhead." I roll my eyes at Bianca.

"Hey, at least I'm not the last person in this bus to wake up." I say referring to the sleeping Conan. "He probably slept pretty late last night" I guessed.

"You were out pretty early last night." Liz comments. "What's up with that?"

"I just felt like it." I say cooly, hoping they wouldn't be suspicious. I didn't want them to think I had a problem with Conan. They nodded and I proceeded to make myself some brunch sandwich.

After around fifteen minutes of talking and eating, Conan finally entered from the sleeping quarters with his unkempt curly hair shooting out in every direction. "Morning y'all." he greets as he rubs his eyes.

"You finally decide to wake up, huh?" Christine says and snickers. "Oh shut up." Conan retorts, unable to hold back a smile. I noticed he had unusually sharp canines.

"You look like a vampire." I say out of nowhere and everyone looks at me, including Conan whose face was now covered in a shade of rosy pink. "W-what?" he asks flustered.

"Your canines, they're sharp." I point out. "Now in what world would Cone ever look like a vampire?" Bianca questions as Christine continues for her, "Yeah, he just looks like a puppy dog!" and everyone laughs at the boy who just rolls his eyes.

After the girls teasing Conan some more, he grabs some food items and makes his brunch as well. Bianca and Christine left to do some other things so that left Conan, Liz and I in the table.

I was about to leave when Conan started to converse with me. "So Prairie, how was your sleep?" he asks stirring his cup of tea full of honey as Liz looks at me taking a piece of her waffles.

"You snore loud." I reply briefly and I hear him choke on his tea shortly after. Liz just laughs at my reply as Conan defends himself. "I never snore!"

I know I said I don't want him to get too close to me but damn, he's so easy to mess with.

"Chill, I was just kidding!" I say and smile at him. His cheeks then heat up to a light shade of pink for the second time today. Not that I'd complain though.

I pull out my phone from my pocket to give Conan the hint that this conversation was over, but just like before, he didn't seem to understand. "Hey, I noticed some of the songs you were listening to and I can't help but say you have nice taste—"

"Cone, she's occupied. Why don't we hang out?" Liz interrupts him and stands up, motioning for him to go with her to the couch. I was thankful for her doing that, despite cringing at the way she said his nickname even if they weren't that close.

I blow out a breath of relief as the two move over to the sofa, leaving me alone. I continued looking at my phone when Mark's caller ID appeared on my phone that started ringing.

I immediately answer it, a smile already etched on my face. "Hey, babe!" I say softly so as not to disturb the chatting Conan and Liz, but it seemed I failed at this attempt as the curly haired boy was now looking at me.

Hs face looked pretty calm but once I looked in his eyes I could tell he was slightly annoyed. I didn't know why he would ever feel that way so I shrug it off and continue my call with Mark.

What's up with him?

"So how's your first two days on tour?" he asks as I laugh at the motherly way he stated his question. "It's not that bad. Everyone's pretty chill so I am too." I reply, leaving out the Conan part.

"Is that Conan boy bothering you?" he asks as if reading my mind. "No Mark, no one's bothering me." I say as I look at Conan laughing with Liz after looking at a meme on his phone.

Damn his laugh is cute.

What.

What the hell Prairie, you're literally talking to your boyfriend at the moment.

"You sure?" Mark asks me. "A hundred percent sure." I respond, running my vacant hand through my mid length brown hair. "How 'bout you, anything new?" I ask, changing the topic.

"Nah, pretty much the same old boring things happening around here." he replies. Before I got to say anything, he continued, "Hey babe, I have to go now, I have an errand to run. Bye, take care, love you!"

"Bye, love y—" Mark ended the call before I even finished saying it. I started to worry about him, thinking of possible reasons he's been acting strange.

He's probably falling out of love. That's definitely it. It's inevitable, I guess. It's probably my fault too.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was me.

I think to myself. I try to make myself feel better but failed to do so as my eyes started to get watery. I got up and sprinted to the bathroom as quick as I could to calm myself down, ignoring Conan's call for me, asking if I was alright.

I entered the small comfort room and quickly closed the door, locking it as well. I place my hands on the sink and took deep breaths until I was sure I didn't have the urge to cry anymore.

"That was close. Way too close. " I say to myself. I wash my face so it wouldn't look obvious that I looked crusty as hell. "Guys! Gather in the main part of the bus, there's an announcement." I hear someone from the crew yell so I got out of the comfort room.

Once I got to where we'd gather everyone was there already. "An hour from now, we'll be arriving at our first destination and our very first performance in this tour. Is everyone ready?" The person in charge explains.

Everyone replied with a yes and they dismissed us. We immediately parted off from one another to prepare our stuff. I went in my room to grab my backpack and one of my trolleys since we'll be staying in a hotel for about a week.

We all got out of the bus and saw the hotel building right in front of us. Christine stood in front of me, also taking in the view before us. "Ladies and boy that wears children's clothing—"

"Stop referring to me as that!"

"Never said it was you, Conan." Bianca says making everyone laugh and she continues.

"Welcome to Seattle."

☹☹☹

They're gonna start performing nowww !!

God bless and hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!
-iana <3