🦋Chapter 서른 아홉🦋

(Y/N) POV
"(Y/N)....(Y/N).... (Y/N)!!," a voice yells. I jolt up and look around startled, finally snapping out of my daze. "Sorry, what were you saying?," I reply .

Yeji and Junhee exchange looks before signing. "(Y/N), you need to eat," Junhee states as he pushes my tray towards me.

I look down at my food and poke the substance with my fork before glaring at it. They served us a beautiful smelling chicken soup with salted cracker and cut pineapples  on the side. 

My stomach growls as the aroma floods my senses.  "   (Y/N)," Junhee sighs out.   "Will you just eat your food instead of playing with it".

"Besides, there's nothing wrong with it," he says while shoving another spoon full of the amber liquid in his mouth. Yeji nods in agreements while munching on her fruit.

There are many reasons why I'm not going to eat this foolishness. One being the fact that I still don't trust this place and two being that I don't trust anyone or anything here. 

"I'm not going to eat that," I grumble.  Who knows what  that could've put in there. They could've drugged it for all I know. I don't care how delicious it looks, I'm not eating.

"Yeji rolls here eyes takes a spoonful of my soup before slurping it up.  "See, I just drank some of yours and I'm perfectly fine," she says.   

"Well how long have your been here?," I ask.  She pauses and thinks for a moment. " I don't know, I stopped counting the months a while ago."

She must've been here for a while then. Of course the food wouldn't have and effect on her if she's been eating it all this time. She's probably gotten used to whatever drugs are out in here.

Someone abruptly drops a tray of food on the table beside me. I jump and turn my head to the side to see who it is.  I immediately lock eyes with Felix who looks like he's seen death.   His hair is wet for some reason and everywhere but is face is covered in bruises.

The only mark on his face a thin shall cut on his left cheek. It looks like someone took a blade to his cheek and just dragged it along for a little bit.  I was probably staring for too long due to the glare that he gave me.

I clear my throat and cast my gaze elsewhere. When I do, his food tray comes into view. Unlike everyone else, he has a small bowl of grey slop, a plastic cup of water, and a couple of pills on his tray.

I look around the cafeteria to see if anyone else is eating what he is. Everyone in the room has the exact same thing that I have, so why is his tray different? Almost as if she could read my mind, Yeji kicks me form under the table and glares.

I turn my direction back to the my tray of food and continue poking at it. While I do I allow my eyes to wonder and catch something. Just like in the room full of cages, everyone here is missing something.  

I don't think anyone in the room has everything they're supposed to have. If they're not missing anything on the outside, something has to gone from the insides.

Some are missing some fingers, others have a gauze on there body as if a organ had been removed and much more.

I look at Junhee and yeji, they both look fine, but if they've been here for a while then they must be missing something too.

Deciding to let curiosity take over me I nudge Junhee with my foot. He looks up at me and tilts his head in confusion.  "Hey... what's wrong with everyone," I say quietly.  I catch Felix's attention as he discretely listens in while eating his slop. 

Junhee looks around the room and looks back at me casually. "What do you mean?".

I lean across the table and whisper. "Everyones missing a limb or piece, why?," I ask.  He freezes and gets a really scary look on his face. Almost like he didn't hear me, he leans back and continues to eat his food like I didn't ask him anything.