🦋 마흔 여덟🦋

Yeonjun pov

"So," Beomgyu says softly. "What now?".

Soobin looks around the room and clears his throat awkwardly. The atmosphere is very tense and suffocating right now.

Some of us have an idea about what to do next, but at the same time, we are kind of scared to carry that idea out.

"It said DNA was unacceptable, meaning that we can't access this without giving the machine what it wants", Hueningkai explains.

"What does it what though?," Beomgyu asks.

Hueningkai rolls his eyes.

"Didn't you hear what that piece of metal said? It said enter DNA! Only the person who carries the dna it wnats can access this".

Beomgyu huffs and moves to stand next me instead.

"Judging from what I wrote in the journal, it looks like only Woojin can access this," Soobin says.

"We don't have my dad with us though," I sigh.

Beomgyu's face changes.

"But we have his son".

Everyone, including myself, freezes for a few seconds before they all turn their heads to me.

I immediately get what they're tryna say.

"No," I say immediately.

Soobin shakes his head. "That's not an option, Yeonjun".

My jaw drops. "You want me put my hand in that a take the of getting burnt!?," I sputter in shock.

"No we want you to go buy ice cream for us?," Kai says sarcastically

Soobin glares and slaps him.

Beomgyu puts his hand on my shoulder

"It's worth a shot. Besides, it's not like we have alot of options right now.

I shrug him off. "We may be blood related, but that doesn't mean our DNA is the same," I scoff.

Soobin sighs and leaves to go see if Taehyun is ok.

"It's kindred though, it might work" Beomgyu says.

I look at the mold which is still smoking from burning Taehyun earlier.

"And if it doesn't?".

"Well then I guess you'll get burnt!", Hueningkai yells.

"You're acting like we have all the time in the world to figure this out. Just shove you're hand in the mold and stop bitching", he spits.

Beomgyu glares and slaps him in the back of the head. "Mind your manners your brat".

Kai scoffs and stands beside the mold.

"Well?," He says while motioning to it.

I make a mental note to beat the crap out of him once this is over and hesitantly move towards the mold.

My hands start to get sweaty and I wipe it on my shirt. I saw how much pain Taehyun was in after messing with this, I really don't want to go through the same thing.

Beomgyu swallows dryly and keeps a safe distance in case something different might happen.

"Taehyun spat on his hand before putting it in, I think you should do the same," Beomgyu says from farther back.

I swallow thickly and nod my head. I look at my hand and cringe in disgust before spitting on it.

I make sure each part of my hand is covered before hesitantly placing it in the mold.