🦋Chapter 오십🦋

Yeji's POV

"Clear out! It's time for zone C!," a guard yells while slamming his baton into the wall.

I let out a soft huff and stretch for a second before putting down the weights. We all quickly run towards him and line in number order

As usual, we do it silently and stare at the back of the person's head in front of us. The guard grabs a clipboard off the hook and walks along the line while glaring at us.

As he does, he looks down from time to time,double checking they every name on the list is here.

The process was no more than three minutes before he put the clipboards back on the wall.

He walks over to the door and presses his hand onto the scanner. The machine  reads his hand print and the door opens.

"Not a word," he spits over his shoulder before waking off.

I force back a scoff and do as I'm told.

We all follow him silently, our bare feet slapping against the cold tiles of the hallway as we do.

If I was home it wouldn't bother me since I never wear sock to begin with. But here, it's very much needed.

Especially since we're underground too.

Being in a underground facility is cold enough in its own but having the AC blaring 24/7 makes it ten times colder.

Luckily, I've learned to ignore the goosebumps that are constantly on my body.

The cold is the least of my worries here.

"The monthly examinations will be taking place in your cells in a few hours", the guard says.

"Three cool downs around the facility and get your ass back in you cells when you're finished. Each word out of your mouth equals 40 lashes to your back."

The man in front of me visibly tenses at that sentence. I've learned by now to be mindful of the guards words but not take it too seriously at the same time.

Every guard knows that if they create excessive damage on a product that there will be severe consequences.

Some of them make threats to scare you while the others are really serious about it despite the consequences. That's a part of the reason why you need to take their words into consideration but not too much.

You never know if the person threatening you is bluffing or serious

There are times when you can tell they're bluffing when they threaten to kill you. You're not allowed to kill the product unless they're ordered two. Those threats just look embarrassing under and since we all know that they can't do that.

This facility is really strict when it comes to scars but they're not as strict at all with bruises.

Because of that, the guards could punch and beat on you all they want as long as they're not breaking any skin. Bruises and welts go down eventually so they use that to their advantage.

Those of us who've been here for a while can clearly tell that he's bluffing. Lashes cause severe damage and scars to the body.

He'll be breaking a layer of skin with each lash. And since he doesn't have any permission from the head to do it, he'll be the one ending up in greater pain then us.