🦋Chapter 마흔 여섯🦋

Ari Yae POV

The smell of cold iron brings me back. But it was a bit different from the iron I smelt in the other cages, perhaps it was mixed with something else.

It feels like somebody has tied led to my eyelids. Trying to open them was a struggle. My eyelids feel so heavy that I barely manage to open them up even a crack.

I manage to open them up enough to be squinting and look around the room. The first thing I notice are bars.

Big, long, thick, iron bars.

I move the pads on my fingers over the floor to feel the coo,l Rugged, surface below me. This was probably the reason why the smell of iron was so strong. It's only natural for that to be all I smell if my face is this close to the floor.

I try to push myself up, but try to no avail. I have no strength in my arm in my head is still spinning.

The air is thick and stuffy, along with the smell of iron that is causing me to feel extremely nauseous.

I try a few more times before giving up and pressing my face on the cool surface.

From behind, I hear what sounds like a foot sliding forward before sliding back. I freeze and hold my breath.

Once I do, I hear someone try to exhale quietly. Although I could tell they're farther back, I feel like they're breathing on my neck.

A weird tingling sensation finds its place on my neck and a chill runs down my spine.

I was going to try to turn around to see what it was when something cold latches onto my ankle.

I don't react.

Maybe if I act like I don't feel them, they'll let me go and leave me alone.

I feel another icy grip on my other foot before feeling a small tug.

That's where I panic.

I snap my hips to the left and try to move my whole body with that sudden movement.

I shift to side a little but only one foot comes out of their grip.

instead of hearing one person sigh, I hear multiple people little a sigh.

That means there's not only one person in here with me, there are multiple people.

The hand latches onto my ankle again and pulls me back. Thinking that is my time, I don't fight back.

I allow myself to be dragged and think of the things that made me happy in life.

My son, my daughter, my family...

All those blessings..

Multiple cold hands grab on different parts of my body and pull me up.

I close my eyes and let out  little shaky breath as I feel myself get sandwiched between two people gently.

Their skin is dry and cold as ice. I can feel their breath hitting my legs and shoulder. That too is freezing.

" Are you okay?, "a voice croaks.