🦋Chapter 마흔 세🦋

Beomgyu pov

"On three I'll lift it up," Yeonjun says.  He grabs onto the handle and waits for us to count him off. 

"One".

"Two".

The door behind us slams shut and clicks before frantic footsteps take off down the hallway. We can hear a women's voice whimper and heels clicking down the staircase. Our blood runs cold and we all glance at each other terrified. The staff had a day off today. The only person who's supposed to be here today is Doyum.  If Doyum is here and everyone else is supposed be to be at their homes, who the hell was that?!

Before we can do anything, the trap door  violently burst open and Yeonjun jumps back.

The the strongest, toxic, most pungent, stench I've ever smelt in my life flares up in our faces and practically chokes us . It's so strong to the point where I can taste it in the back of my throat. I take a couple steps back and turn around to try to get away from it.

For some reason my knees buckle and standing feel my body feels exhausting . It's as if I've run a marathon and all the energy has been sapped out of my body. I have no strength and take a couple shaky steps forward before knees give out and hit the floor. Each and everyone of us are scattered across the ground and look like we're on the verge of death. Due to the violent stinging of my eyes, tears blur my vision and cause everything to look fuzzy.

I fall over on my side and curl into a fetal position. I grip my chest and cough so violently that my lungs start to burn. I can't think of any explanation for why I'm suddenly feeling this way. It's not like I'd be able to think in the first place. My lungs burn so bad that is the only thing I can really focus on.

It's getting hard to breath and each breath feels like you're taking toxic fumes into your lungs. My throat burns and my skin starts to crawl.  Goose bumps starts rising in my hand and I start to tremble.

I can make out Kai's figure and watch him drop to the the floor while trying to move away. My heart aches at the sight of my baby brother hitting the ground like that. There was nothing to break or catch his fall so he hits the ground hard.

I try to move over to him but my body isn't listening to me right now. My muscles feel like they're turning to mush and I feel really sleepy. My eye lids are heavy and every blink feels like hell. I'm really straining my eyes to try to keep them open.

I look downward and and avert my gaze to Taehyun. I can tell it's him because of the big and vibrant hoodie he's wearing is. Using his forearms, he drags himself self across the floor slowly. I stare at him confused until I see the windows about three meters ahead of him.

While wheezing heavy, Taehyun pulls himself inch by inch until he gets close enough to grab onto the ledge. His legs are no stronger then mine and he barely manages to pull himself up. He tries to lift the latch of the window before pausing and running his fingers over it.  One of his legs give out and he nearly falls to the ground again.

He starts gasping for clean air and slams his hand against the windows frantically. When he sees that it isn't working he looks around the room, desperately hoping to find something that can open the latch.

Doyum and Taehyun lock eye and stare at each other. Taehyun looks down at Doyum's foot and notices the statue that I was using by Doyum's foot. With what little strength Doyum had left. He kicks the statue and it stops just in front Taehyun's foot.

Taehyun flashes him a thankful look and reaches down for it. To his dismay , it's out of his reach. The only way to grab it is if he lets go of the ledge, the ledge that's the only thing keeping him up.