Chapter 5 || Winter shenanigans

__Mabel's POV__

I thought of what we could do today. I wanted to do something fun.

That's when I remember back when me and Dipper were packing our bags to go to Gravity Falls. I told him about some ice-skating ideas.

We could have fun in the snow with Frisk and Asriel!!

I jumped from my bed and ran downstairs, taking my ice skates as fast as possible and left the shack.

I ran to Frisk's house and knocked on the door happily. 

" Hey Mabel!" 

" Hi Frisk? Do you got ice skates?"  I ask.

" Dad I'm going ice skating with Mabel!" Frisk tells her dad. He nods his head and leaves the house with Asriel by his side.

" I'm going Christmas shopping with Asriel and Mom is going to buy some gifts. The house is all yours. Don't forget to take the keys when you leave." 

Frisk nods while her dad and brother leave the house.

" Wanna come in?" I nod. I enter the house. There was a little sofa close to the huge windows and sat on it. There was a fireplace close to the wall.

" I guess this means this is a girls day?" Frisk asks, coming with me with two cups of hot cocoa.

" Yep! And we're not just going to skate in a rink . We're going to skate in a lake! Then we'll skate in a river that goes down! I hope you know how to ice skate , cuz this is going to get extreme!" I explained, sipping a bit of the drink .

Frisk laughs happily.

" Sounds fun." 

We drank up our hot chocolate soon enough. 

" Wait for me here, I'll go get my ice-skates." She tells me. I nodded and walked close to the door, waiting for her. Frisk eventually came in with brown ice skates. I got pink.

She takes the house key and puts it in her pocket. We then leave the house.

" Let's start with the river, it's not far from here.It's in the forest." I tell her Frisk. she nods and holds my hand. 

Off we go!

" Hey Frisk do you believe in magic?" 

"Hmm? Why so?" 

" Well, there are creatures and monsters in Gravity Falls, there's gotta be magic somewhere right?" 

" I suppose you have a point. And to be honest I lied the other day." 

" Really? About what?" 

" When I told you how we escaped the underground. In reality..It was much more complicated than that."

" Really?" 

" I prefer not to tell. Some things are best stayed in silence..." Frisk says, looking at the floor. I shook my head and continued to walk to the river.

Once we arrived, we both changed into our ice skates and started to skate in the frozen river.

" Is there a waterfall around?" Frisk asks.

I shook my head no.

" Oh. Too bad." She replies.

 ;) 

" But the river goes up and down and up and down. It'll be a fun ride!" I reassure her. She looks at me , smiles , then nods.

We hold hands and skate quickly to the direction the river was heading. We skated really fast like that we'll get a boost once the river changes direction.

It was fun. We skated on 'waves' , went left and right, it was so much fun , like a roller coaster ride.

Frisk and I tripped at some times , but we didn't get any injuries, it was so much fun.

" Mabel , check this out!" Frisk says . She kneels down and pushed behind her with her hands to get a boost.

" Cool! Check me out!" I tell her, twirling around.

" Wanna have a race!" She asks.

" Definitely!" I exclaim.

We stop skating and go in position.

" Ready..."

" Set.." 

" GO!" We both shouted as we skated really fast. 

I had experience with ice skating cause mom gave me ice skating classes. I did performances on special events . My teacher taught me techniques on how to skate faster so it's sure I'll win.

Frisk was a good player. she didn't push me or try to slow me down at all. At times she'd slide , going in front of me , but I'd easily catch up to her.

" Wait... Where's the finish line?" Frisk asks, concerned.

" Uh...That pine tree!" I say , pointing to a large tree, taller than the others. We were just a few meters away form it. 

Now we were beside each other, meaning it might be a tie. When I looked back at Frisk I saw determination within her. I felt...something...powerful...

BAM!

I hit the pine tree hard on the face.

I collapsed. 

That meant Frisk won.

She came to me and held out her hand.

" Thanks." I tell her , getting up. I place my hand on my forehead.

" Mabel you're bleeding!" Frisk says worriedly. I take my hand off and see blood on my hands.

" Let's go to my place and let me patch you up!" Frisk says. She takes my arm and puts it on her shoulder. She places her other hand on my hip and takes me back to her place. She opens the house with her key and brings me to the couch.

" I'll get the aid kit." Frisk says.

I sit down and wait. I take a look of my surroundings. There was a painting of the Dreemurrs and decided to take a look at it.

There was Toriel and Asgore wearing royal clothing and Asriel was very young, and there was another child with their eyes covered.

Must be Frisk.

Frisk came back with a box. 

She came to me and healed up my forehead.

" I'm sorry Mabel , I think you'll have to stay at home ...This might happen again if we go ice skating, making the injury worse." She explains.

I nod silently and look back at the painting.

" You looked cute as a kid." I tell her.

Frisk looks at the painting. She frowns.

" That's not me." 

" huh?" 

" Please go home Mabel..." Frisk tells me.

I look at her weirdly, but left anyways.

~Timeskip~

" Dipper?" I ask while lying down on my bed.

" Yeah?" He says.

" I want to talk about Frisk. Something's wrong."

" What do you mean?" 

" Well...It seems like she's hiding a real secret..today she said that Alphys never made a machine never got them out." 

" Wait...really?" Dipper asks , dropping his pen and closing his journal.

" She didn't tell...She said some things should stay in silence. And then when I was at her place when she helped me with my injury. there was a picture. A picture of the family. Toriel,Asgore, Asriel, and another kid. Frisk says that it's not her. She then tells me to go home. " 

"Hmm....Looks like we'll have a new mystery to solve." Dipper says.

I nod.