Chapter 29 || A soulful day

__Mint's POV__

I woke up. It was somewhere at 6 am. I always do this, so I can make breakfast. I leave the basement and climb up to the living room. Passing by there, I was able to enter the kitchen. 

I grabbed all my ingredients in the fridge and decided to make pickle pie, a perfect way to wake up the others with the balance of sweet and sour. With my recipe, the sweetness conquers a bit of the sour flavor of a pickle, but in overall, it's just right. And it gets even better paired with cream.

I started to get to wor and the second early riser beside me was Alita.

"Bonjour."She delicately says with her french accent.

"Buongiorno."I giggle, using my Italian language.

Like the other souls, me and Alita were wearing the necklaces Asriel gave us. It upsets Chara a bit, but I think she's fine with it

She sits down and can smell what I'm making. "Tarte au cornichons?" She asks. I nod

I don't know why but everyone speaks in their respective languages in the morning for some reason.

"C'est parfait pour nous reveiller, c'est pour ca , oui?"

I nod again.

In our time in the afterlife, we eventually learned how to understand each other's languages.

"Si'. Un giorno dovrei fare una crostata arcobaleno, con una fetta del colore delle anime."

(go translate them if you don't know French and Italian. I know French, so I don't need to translate, but I did for Italian) 

"Bonne idée, Tu devrais faire ca pour la fete du Nouvel an." Alita says.

When done rolling the pastry, I put it in Japan and decided to make the batter.

"But in all seriousness, you should do that. The pie will be for us and you can make another one with the colors representing each monster." Alita stops talking in her native language and speaks in English.

"Yeah. I think I'll make one for the indies!" I exclaim.

"Mint no."

"MINT YES!"

"So anyway, what's your program today?" She asks me.

"After making the pie and set it on the table, I'll go training with Undyne and go do my little stroll to heal up some people and maybe make some more food to give to charity...Then come back to make lunch...What about you?"

"I guess after eating breakfast I'll go ice skating, meet up with Sans and that's it for now."

"So the usual," I say.

"Yeah," Alita replies.

I chuckle while pouring the batter in the pan, then putting it in the oven. After putting the timer, I sit down and we both wait, chatting.

When the timer stopped, which meant the pie was done, I took it out, cut 11 slices and placed them on the table. I go back to the basement to change. I then came out, got my coat and left the house, saying bye to Alita.

__Riana's POV__

I went upstairs with Leila and see Alita almost finishing her plate of pickle pie. 

I LOVE pickle pie.

It's great.

I sat down beside Alita and Leila sat beside me. We started to eat and of course, said hi to the blue soul.