Chapter 28 || Therapist

A/N: Here, have some of Chara's life problems.

__Chara's POV__

I have a lot of problems.

I don't like to say I have depression or anxiety. But maybe I have without knowing. But I have some kind of self-esteem about my appearance, and I even cut my arms.

Nobody knows this, and I hide it.

The only people who know this are the indies and the Alternate Version of myself. They understand my pain and promised not to tell my family. but some of them, such as Ballora, Henry, and Ashley told me to get a therapist. But I'd ignore them many times, and don't listen.

Why did I not listen?

I know it's good for me.

So why?

Today I decided to give it a try. But I'm keeping it a secret from the others, or else they'll ask me why, and I'll have to reveal to them.

I took my bag, and left the house. I walked to the town and saw the building that I got an appointment with and entered. No one was there in the waiting room, so I sat down and stayed there. The door opens and a woman appears. 

"Chara Dreemurr?"

"Yes," I say. 

We both enter the room and I sat down on the couch.

We started to talk and she asks me a bunch of questions. Questions and which I have to reveal I can change from ghost to human and that I used to be deceased. The lady understands due to how many weird inhabitants live here.

I continue, explaining the reason why I came, talking about my self-harm problems, my self-esteem on my appearance, and my little eating disorder. I pause seeing the therapist noting down.

(I'm not a professional, I haven't had anorexia or any type of depression, so please don't get mad at me)

"Chara, after what you've told me, I think I can say you might have Anorexia, due to the fact of your problems seem linked to this disorder. Self-esteem on your appearance, the feeling to not eat that much food.."

"Yeah, but it's just because of the whole prostitutes thing!"I exclaim.

"I'm only a beginner, not much of a professional, but I've been able to help people with their problems, and I know that I can help you."The therapist says, taking her glasses off, looking at me with an expression of concern.

I nod silently.

"In any case. This is a problem with your physique, right? Or is there more that you'd like to tell me?"

I pause, remembering a specific time in my life when I felt guilty and would cut myself for the sins I've done, but stopped thinking about it once I realized it wasn't my fault, and everyone accepts me who I am.

"I have done terrible things before, and would cut myself because of that, but now I'm feeling better about it."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No thanks, I've overcome my demons for that."

She nods and continues to note.

"How do I get better from this?" I ask.

None of us talked at all when I asked that question.

"Having a friend to support you during this time may help, someone who can understand you. Someone who has known your previous crisis. It's better if you are supported by your loved ones, encouraging you to beat this disorder." She explains.

I nod, close my eyes and think.

"My dad can help, he's helped me before, he can help me now. But first, I'm getting my taste back in food!" I shout at the end, which made her giggle.

We ended our session after that.

Upon leaving, she tells me to be not afraid to tell the others as well.

I told her I will, and leave.

I walked to Muffet's and ordered a cupcake and cider.

"Really? You don't eat much." She asks, confused, and a bit surprised. 

I looked at the food, a bit scared to try. Then I took a bite. I gulped and stared at it. And continued to eat. I laughed happily, upon realizing I regained my appetite. Muffet looked at me, smiling a bit.

"I'm so happy you've found your appetite back princess," she says. the little spiders around her squealed of joy. "Yeah! "I exclaim.

After that, I left the café and pulled up my sleeve a bit, revealing some cuts I made. I pull them back and returned to the house. 

I open the door quickly.

"Dad, there's something important I want to tell you," I exclaim. I instantly stopped when the twins were there,e along with Frisk, Asriel, and mom. The souls were with Undyne, training.

"Yes Chara?" He says, holding a tray of tea to serve to the others. "You were gone for a while, where were you?"

I gulp. I remember what the therapist told me. To not just tell dad, but also tell the others and be honest with my problems.

I spread out my arms, and pulled the sleeves completely, revealing the bloody deep cuts on each arm. Dad drops his tray, shocked. He runs to me and checks the wounds. Mom comes to me and uses her healing powers to clean out the bleeding. She then gets bandages and wraps me up. 

Later, we were all sitting on the couch, Asriel hugging me tightly and Frisk was shouting at me, telling me that I should've been honest with them. I tell her it's fine and explain the whole thing. The pines twins were staring at the scene from the table.

"Chara! We're always here for you! Always!"Mom exclaims, crying.

I told them to stop panicking and that things are getting better. When they tried to say more, I shut them up and hugged all of them quietly.

"I promise," I tell them. My family was crying tears of joy.

I got off the couch and walked to the twins, then hugged them. I hugged Mabel, who was crying a bit, then hugged Dipper, who showed a lot of concern about the whole thing.

~Timeskip~

It was nighttime, and mom entered my room.

"Chara, how are you feeling at the moment, I know you're feeling better, but are you sure you're completely fine now?"

"Yeah. I got my appetite back, and with you guys making me happy about my physique, I don't need to cut myself anymore."

Mom clasps her hands together.

"My child. You are a complicated being, you have very complicated feelings. You don't need to hide them. I know your past made you turn into this, but we are here for you." She tells me. 

I smile and hug her tightly.

A/N: Now I realize how this book has no fucking plot. This was a fucking mistake