Chapter 17 || A new project...

__3rd Person POV__

Today was just a peaceful day like no other. Frisk , Chara and Asriel were playing Fnaf, Dipper and Mabel were making gifts to give for Christmas. Ford was at Alphy's lab with Sans, talking about Gaster's existence. Stan was being lazy and watching TV while Soos runs the shack. Ah yes, everything was alright here in Gravity Falls.

But...

Ah yes...

Something will always happen when it's a peaceful day.

Monster kid was sitting on his balcony, and was observing with a telescope. That's when he saw something shine from the forest.

Curious. He headed downstairs and ran to the source of the light. While he was running to it, he called Frisk, which led him to her voicemail.

But he didn't stop, he continued to the source of light.

When he arrived, he looked t the sight, amazed.

The same situation he was in many years ago happened again.

Right before his eyes, a soul was wandering all alone.

A soul of PATIENCE.

The same he found before.

He gasped shockingly, and approached it quietly. The more he walked to it, he heard it's voice. The soul had many sounds of whining and sadness. Multiple voice lines that the human had said in their lives, the only way for it to communicate.

"Hey..." Monster Kid said, walking to it "Remember me?"

The soul turned and made positive little sounds.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. We're in the surface! We don't need your power anymore!" Monster Kid reassures the soul. the soul flew to him.

"I need to bring you to Ford!" MK said. the soul got a bit scared when the name was mentioned.

"No! No! He's good!" MK assures the soul . It then follows him to the shack. When he kicked the door, as a sign to knock on the door. He was greeted by dipper, who was drinking a cup of water. Seeing the soul made him drop his beverage, MK ignored the sudden act and asked to go to see Ford. Dipper brought him to the lab, where Ford recently returned from Alphy's lab.

U[on seeing the soul of PATIENCE, Ford was shocked.

"May I see it..."

MK nodded and the soul hovered towards him. Ford observed it's condition.

"How did you get here?"

the soul didn't respond, instead making a few couple of noises.

"Huh...Where are the other souls?"

The soul still didn't respond.

"Dipper call Asgore, he must know about this."Ford tells Dipper. He obeys and runs to get him.

"I'm sorta like a professional to find a soul Mr. Pines." MK boasts in a comedic way.

Ford laughs at that then looks at the soul.

"You'll be fine." He reassures the soul. It then makes a giggling sound to tell him that's they agree.

"But I wonder where are the other souls? They could be anywhere in the world! I suppose I could make a device to track them, but science isn't magic." He says desperately. the soul then said nothing at all, until Asgore came into the scene.

"My stars, Dipper was right." He said.

The soul quickly flew around him, making giggle noises.

"I don't understand. I was the reason why you and the other humans died, why are you greeting me in a kind way?" He asks.

"Maybe it forgives you."Dipper suggests.

Asgore shrugs.

"What can we do with her? She has no purpose any longer, and I doubt that after visiting the world , she might've been a bit bored." He says.

"It was a she?"Dipper exclaims.

Asgore nods.

"I have an idea. If the souls have no longer a purpose...we could revive them?" Ford suggests. "Asgore you still have the coffins?" Ford asks.

He nods.

"We have a thing for preserving dead bodies."MK says.

"Then it's settled then. We'll find the souls, put them back to their bodies, and reviving them. Meantime, I'll have to keep you somewhere safe." Ford said. He eventually puts her back where the portal used to be.

"There. More space for you."

The soul of PATIENCE made little happy noises as it moves freely around the space.

"We should give it a nickname until they're revived!"MK says. "Why not Patience! It's a name you know."

"Patience it is."Asgore says. He smiles at the soul.

"I never knew your name, but is it fine if we call you this way?"He asks Patience's permission. The soul moved up and down, showing a simple nod.

"Patience it is. "Dipper replies.

Ford calls Alphys and Sans informing him that the quest for the next souls is now confirmed. With all this work, Ford will be exhausted. For you see, he ,with Alphys and Sans are crafting a machine to help Gaster return to the real world. That, and reviving 6 dead children will be a bit tiring. Luckily, Sans volunteered to help to take care of the two matters, helping Ford and the souls while also giving assistance to Alphys. Other monsters, such as Undyne, Muffet and Mettaton , decided to help, as a sign of redemption after they caused the deaths of some children. Alphys gave a very important piece of information: the souls of BRAVERY and JUSTICE will always be together, so if found, it will make the job easier. For Ford's idea of a tracking device, Frisk and Chara contained soul magic and thought that using their magic to power the device will make it work.

Chara even offered a larger role by contacting some 'friends' of hers to help know where Gaster's whereabouts are, so if they find him , they inform where he is , telling him to not move ,and once the machine is set, it's beam will go to that certain place and capture Gaster.

( Her friends were Storyshift Chara, Shiftfell Chara, Underswap Chara, Fellswap and Swapfell Chara and Reapertale Chara, including some of her indie friends just in case Gaster goes too far)

Chara and Asriel were also Gaster's students when they were younger, so they have a bit of knowledge on his inventions more than Alphys so they're a huge help.

Wendy and her brothers even wanted to take part in this, each day hiking in the mountains with containers in hopes they find one or two souls.

They are filled with DETERMINATION.