Kabanata 24

Don't try

"Nakita mo na 'yong sched mo for tomorrow? Sinend ko na sa 'yo 'yong screenshot," Rafa said.

I'm currently hanging out in her condo when she turned on her work mode again. After years of staying here in Manila, marami na ring naipundar si Rafa para sa sarili at sa pamilya niya. And I am so proud of her.

What's nice about having your bestfriend as your manager is that you could be as goofy as you are when you're together. You could openly communicate and things start to work out better from there.

Considering abouteverything I found out after the shoot, I don't think I could manage to be alone. I just live next door, anyway. We're practically neighbors so it's no big deal. I just don't trust my mind right now. I might just overthink if I was left in an empty silent room by myself.

"Rafa...do you know that Colton was sent to the States?" I lazily asked while lying on her couch.

She was in the kitchen counter cooking dinner.

"Oo."

Mabilis akong napabangon. "What?! Paano?"

Napairap lamang siya. "I've always been in touch with my family, pati na sa ibang kakilala sa isla. The fall of The Lodge is such a hot issue, so of course, I would know," she said like it's a matter of fact.

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

She heaved a sigh. "Nari, tingin mo ba, hindi ko naririnig 'yong mga iyak mo noon tuwing gabi dahil sa pangungulila mo kay Colton? 'Yong mga panahon na mas pipiliin mong matulog kaysa kumain kasi bigla mo siyang naaalala? I know it was already hard for you back then. I just don't want to make it worse for you. At isa pa, what could have changed if you knew?"

I paused at her question and tried to ask myself. Yeah, what difference would it make if I knew, anyway? I couldn't think of an answer.

"Also, Kalix told me not to tell you. I guess, Colton doesn't want you to know too," she added.

I looked at her suspiciously. "Since when did you become close with Kalix?"

Her cheeks flushed and she fixed her glasses. She usually does that when she's nervous or conscious.

"Look at you! Ba't hindi ka nagkukuwento, ha?!" sabi ko at nilapitan siya para kulitin.

It was almost midnight when I returned to my unit. I almost didn't pero pinalayas ako ni Rafa. Aniya'y halos sa kanya na raw ako tumitira dahil doon ako madalas matulog.

Chineck ko muna ang schedule ko para bukas na ayon kay Rafa ay sinend niya na sa 'kin.

Movie Shoot. Meeting. Summer Mag & Video Ad Launch Press Con.

My lips parted at my afternoon schedule. The shoot from earlier would be launched tomorrow? That's crazy. It was just taken today but will be done and released to the press the next day.

Kaya minsa'y higit din talaga akong humahanga sa mga tao sa likod ng kamera. They may be given less credit sometimes, but the level of how hardworking they are is priceless.

Sa sumunod na araw ay binanggit ko kay Rafa ang tungkol sa schedule nang may sumagi sa isip.

"Rafa...at the press con later, will Colton be there too?" I asked, suddenly realizing it while Rafa was driving me to the set of my movie shoot with Kaiden.

Shit, I may have been too tired last night not to realize that instantly.

"Natural. Alangan namang ikaw lang," natatawang sabi ni Rafa.