Ch.18

Skybrine smirked at the purple cloaked man, watching his brown eyes flare with anger.

"What do you want Sky?" The sorcerer growled.

"It's Skybrine. And I came to retrieve something you have. Something that belongs to Lord Herobrine." Skybrine replied cooly, glowing white eyes trained on a man just a few blocks away.

He glared back and adjusted his green headphones on his shoulders.

"Well, 'Lord Herobrine' knows what we want, Skybrine, and if he wants them back so bad he's going to have to give us what we want." Ty growled.

Skybrine narrowed his eyes. "So, you're keeping a man's daughter away from him? How sick are you people?"

"Says the murderer." Seto grumbled.

"But does that make you any better? It is cruel and cold hearted to keep and father and his daughter separated don't you agree?"

"Stop using reverse psychology on us, Sky. Go back to your 'Master' and tell him to give us back what we want."

Skybrine crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're the evil ones. He made a promise to her you know. A promise to never leave her? Look at who's keeping him from keeping that promise." he sneered before disappearing.

Ty sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "He's right." he muttered.

Seto sighed as well and turned to face his friend, the sun over the courtyard blinding him slightly.

He opened his mouth to say something, but snapped it shut quickly as a part of the castle wall exploded.

It didn't take a word to each other for them to spring into action, rushing over to see the damage and if anyone was hurt.

But, to their surprise, the only person that was hurt wasn't an inhabitant of the castle.

It was Herobrine.

Seto and Ty stared, awestruck.

A stab wound seeped blood out of Herobrine's unmoving chest, his eyes closed.

The most upsetting part of it all though, was the little girl sprawled across her father's pale and unmoving form.

"Daddy!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face as she clung to his bloodied shirt.

Night was crouched next to her, staring sadly at her Master's dead form.

Lava held up a sword at anyone who tried to get near his Master's body, a molten tear slowly dripping out of his eye.

"Daddy please wake up. Please, you promised!" Aj cried, shaking Herobrine's body slightly.

"Aj..." Night whispered.

The little nine year old spun around and ran into Night's arms, sobbing into her shoulder.

Night glared up at one of the men in the team as she stroked the girl's hair.

The man looked shocked at the scene, almost as though he didn't know what had happened.

In his hands, was a bloodied sword.

"I-Ian? What'd you d-do?" Ty asked slowly, careful not to trigger one of the morning servants.

"I-I don't know. I-I-"

"You killed him!" Lava roared, pointing his sword at the man.

"You killed Master Herobrine! Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

Ian dropped the sword and put his hands up. "I didn't mean to I-I swear!"

Aj didn't seem to calm down at that, if anything, she seemed to sob more.

Night held her closer, wrapping her wings around them both as a sort of comforting hug.

"Lies! all of you are sick, cruel people! You killed this little girl's father for what? Nothing! All he wanted to do was keep a promise and now look at what happened! He's dead because of you!" Lava yelled through tears.

Night stood up and unwrapped her wings, expanding them to their full length.

Then, they all disappeared.

Herobrine, Aj, Night, Lava, and an unnoticed Erin.