Ch.19

(This is a bit before Herobrine was murdered)

Ian growled and held the sword up at Herobrine who had suddenly appeared at the door of where the team was keeping Aj.

"Good to see you too, Ian." He sneered, his white eyes flashing brightly.

"Come to give us what we asked for?" Ian asked cruelly.

"I came for my daughter and Lava if that's what you mean."

Ian raised his sword higher, in a more defensive position.

He knocked twice on the door behind him and the team filed out, except for Ty and Seto, who were scouting the courtyard.

"Give us what we want, Herobrine. We won't hurt your daughter or Lava if you do." Jason demanded, shutting the door behind him.

"Now that's just cruel. Holding my own daughter hostage just to get your friend back. And you gang up on me too? What did I do to deserve this brutality?" He smirked suddenly, just as Night appeared next to him.

"Two against six?" She asked, her red eyes glowing with malice.

Ian gulped but held his ground.

They all wanted Adam back, and if it meant dying, so be it.

"Give me my daughter and Lava back. That way, I get what I want, and you avoid any casualties."

"We asked for Adam back. We'll only give them up when you give him back." Erin spoke up boldly.

Herobrine growled and narrowed his eyes at Ian, the closest to him.

"You don't want a fight, I don't want to get my clothes dirty, just let me leave with them."

The conversation continued on in slow motion for Ian.

He felt something deep inside him stir, a force he couldn't disregard.

It was powerful, holding authority almost as it urged Ian to act, to kill.

The man didn't want to listen to it, but felt helpless as his body lunged itself forward.

The unsuspecting Herobrine gasped as the sword penetrated his skin and when through his cold heart.

Out of shock, Night shot the spell she had conjured up into the wall, causing it to explode.

Time seemed to freeze as Ian felt the urge fade into nothingness and Lava ran into the scene from behind, Aj in his arms.

The lava man gasped in horror and nearly dropped the little girl wrapped tightly in his arms.

All eyes stared down at the unmoving man, blood leaking out of his chest wound.

"Master..." Night muttered, awestruck.

Aj screamed and ran to her father, collapsing on top of him.

"Daddy? Daddy, please, no..." She sobbed, gripping his teal T-shirt as if her life depended on it.

Ian's legs shook as Ty and Seto appeared outside the hole.

He didn't know what he did, but somehow, he knew that he had just made the biggest mistake of his life.