Ch.31: Epilogue

Aj's POV

Sky paced the wooden floor loudly, his stomps giving me a headache.

THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

"Sky can you please stop pacing?" I asked quietly, rubbing my temples.

He looked at me and nodded wordlessly, sitting at the table once again and tapping his fingers against his leg.

"Sky you need to calm down. Herobrine won't try anything funny if he really wants to show you he's sorry."

"That's not what I'm worried about Ty." Sky groaned, putting his head in his arms and leaning on the table.

Ty out a hand on Sky's shoulder reassuringly.

"I'm just worried that my father will be too far gone for saving." Sky sighed.

The white shirted man smiled at his stressed friend. "Don't worry, Sky, no ones too far for saving if Herobrine can become good."

Sky had opened his mouth to reply when my father appeared with a tall man.

The man wore a long blue robe with a red cape around his neck. A golden crown sat on top of his curly brown hair.

The more I stared at the crown the more power I could feel radiating off of it.

Whatever it was doing to Sky's father, it didn't seem good.

"Dad..." Sky whispered, standing immediately.

His father turned and looked at Sky with saddened blue eyes, smiling brightly.

"Sky?"

The budder king nodded, tears coming to his eyes as he ran to his father's arms.

I smiled as they hugged each other, my own father wrapping a protective arm around my shoulders.

He pulled me closer to his side as I watched the happy reunion.

Well, almost happy.

There was something off about Sky's father, I just couldn't place a finger on it.

Then it hit me.

A glint of metal catches my eye and I gasp.

"He's got a knife." I whispered.

"Sky, you might want to step back." Seto said cautiously.

Sky turned to Seto confused, but didn't make any move to go away.

That's when he attacked.

Sky's father spun his son around in his arms and held the knife at his neck, his eyes seeming to glow slightly as well as his crown.

"No one move or Sky gets it." he growled.

The room went tense suddenly, completely quiet.

I dared to glance at Seto, noticing his jaw moving unnoticeably.

He was focused on Sky and his father.

Sky was frozen in fear, despite his calm appearance, as he stared at the knife.

"Sir, you were just strangling me for hurting your son. Now I can't see what you're doing, but I would assume you're holding a weapon to your son? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to hurt him after telling me not to?" My dad asked slowly and calmly from behind me, his grip on me tightening slightly.

Sky's father froze for a second, giving Seto his needed break.

He shouted a spell and Sky's father fell limp to the floor.

"Get him to my room now. And whatever you do, do not touch that crown." Seto ordered quickly, kicking the crown to the corner of the room with his foot.

The men from the kingdom (the team) nodded and went to work helping Seto with Sky's father.

Sky, however, walked over to me and my father.

"Herobrine." he sighed, standing in front of both of us.

"I appreciate that you brought my father back. Also, I am truly sorry he strangled you like you said, he's not exactly himself."

My father nodded and smiled in understanding. "I know the feeling. And I am sincerely sorry for the pain I had caused you and your friends."

Sky smiled softly. "Apology accepted. You all can go if you'd like. I think we've got it from here."

Lava and Night nodded and looked to my father for his response.

"Thank you, King Sky. Farewell for now. Hopefully we can see, well, meet again?" He asked, holding his hand out.

Sky nodded and shook my father's hand. "I would hope so, Herobrine."

The two smiled at each other as they released each other's hands.

"Goodbye King Sky." Night and Lava waved.

Sky smiled at the two of them and waved back.

"Bye Skybrine." I giggled.

He looked down at me and vent down to my level.

"Goodbye Aj. Take good care of your father okay?" He chuckled.

I grinned and nodded.

He stood up once again. "Goodbye, Herobrine."

My father nodded slowly as the world shifted into the warm netherack castle.

Third Person POV

And so, with Herobrine, Aj, Night and Lava back at home, the team went back to their normal lives a few weeks later.

Sky's father was accepted back into the kingdom as a hero and was offered the king's role once again.

But he refused, saying his son was doing better than he ever thought he could.

The Sky Army thrived within the next few years, announcing their victory over the squids.

Meanwhile, Aj grew up to be a powerful shadow sorceress, thanks to the help of Lava and Night.

Herobrine remained blind, refusing every offer of sight.

He was content with the little image of Aj's small nine year old face.

To this day, Herobrine hasn't returned to the overworld, and the team hasn't visited the nether.

All of them had forgotten the encounter with Herobrine, well, except for Sky.

Sky enjoyed looking back at that day, despite the negative events that lead to it.

It was the day he was reunited with his father.

Nobody knows what Herobrine's plan actually was, not even he knew.

But if it had succeeded, the world would seize to exist.
___________________________

And there's the somewhat bad ending to Herobrine's Plan.

Thank you all so so so much for your support.

Thank you KateKitsune for Lava and making the awesome cover!

Thanks to AJC_343 and Life_is_G00d for Aj and Night also!

And yeah...

I literally can't thank you guys enough for how much support you guys give me!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank youuuuuuuuu!

<3- Bloxie