Ch.21

Aj returned to her father's side later that evening.

She didn't want to let him go.

She wouldn't let him go.

Not yet, that is.

She gripped his hand tightly as she sat next to him, tears already threatening to spill again.

Laying her head on his chest, she sighed.

"Why'd you leave me daddy?" She asked, rubbing the top of his hand with her thumb. "You promised you wouldn't."

A small tear fell out of her eye and trickled down her cheek.

"Why daddy?" She sobbed quietly, gripping his hand a bit tighter.

"Please don't leave me."

She wrapped his cold, stuff hand around her tiny, warm one and closed her eyes, allowing another tear to flow.

"I need you." she whispered, curling up into her father.

"Aj?" A weak, hoarse voice whispered.

Aj gasped and spun around, smiling slightly.

"Daddy?!"

Her father nodded slowly, moving his free hand up to her face and drying a tear with his thumb.

"Yes Aj, it's me." he whispered, his chest rising and falling slowly as the color seemed to return again.

The little girl squealed quite loudly and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly, tears of joy streaming from her eyes.

"You came back!" She whispered.

Herobrine wrapped his heavy arms around his daughter and held her close.

"Of course I did, Aj, it takes more than a stab to the heart to kill your father, remember?"

She pulled away and nodded, smiling slightly.

"I thought you left for good." She whispered.

Herobrine reached up and wiped another tear from his daughter's face and smiled faintly at her.

"How could I not keep my word?" He asked in a quiet voice.

Aj grinned and held her father's hand at her cheek.

"I missed you, daddy."

"I missed you too, Aj. Will you bring Lava and Night in here for me?"

Aj nodded vigorously and jumped off the bed, rushing out the door and returning a few minutes later with two hopeful looking people.

"Master? You're alive!" Night exclaimed happily, rushing to his bedside.

Lava soon joined her and smiled at his Master.

Herobrine chuckled as Aj climbed into his bed and was, once again, wrapped into a tight embrace.

"Did I miss much?" He asked quietly.

Lava shook his head while Night nodded.

Herobrine tilted his head, faintly glowing white eyes narrowed at the two of them.

Lava looked at Night confused as she cleared her throat.

"The man who killed you master... Was possessed." she mumbled.

"Oh? by who... or what?" He asked, intrigued.

"My sister, sir. She influenced him to kill you while we weren't paying attention."

"Well. It worked." Herobrine grunted, sitting up against his headboard.

"How are you feeling sir?" Lava asked, changing the subject.

"A bit tired, but that'll pass. Was that all I missed?"

Lava and Night nodded.

He offered a half smile and nodded. "Thank you both."

The two nodded and left their master with his daughter, getting the hidden signal that they wanted to be alone.