3| He thinks you're pretty

ADAM BANKS HADN'T been talking as much or laughing as much when he sat at the varsity table. But honestly, he didn't really talk to anyone on varsity except Scooter- only when he wasn't talking to Cole or Rick Riley.

He glanced up at the ducks table again for the tenth time that lunch hour and saw the same thing he had seen the entire lunch. Julie and Goldberg were talking and Adam figured the boy wanted to make the girl gain a couple pounds so he wasn't riding pine pony.

Then, Adam found his eyes trail to where Charlie, Fulton, and Russ had mischievous looks on their faces, approaching the varsity table calmly. Adam just rolled his eyes and got up to leave, he didn't want to finish lunch anyway.

He walked off and out of the cafeteria, primarily to get his mind off of things. The boy had a dorm but never stayed in it unless he had an early morning practice. However, he thought to stay in there and let his mind settle. Maybe being in another environment which he wasn't familiar with could allow him to settle his thoughts about a certain girl.

Adam opened the door and the room was quite empty aside from a couple books on the desk and bedsheets on the bed. It seemed as if it was a clean model bedroom.

The boy made his way over to his bed and sat down. All summer his brain and thoughts were in knots. He was so occupied in them that he bet when strangers saw him, they'd think he was on autopilot.

Everyone could see the loss of life and fun Adam had developed. They could see how forced all his actions were. Every time he'd smile or laugh, it wasn't the same as when Nova was still there. He looked like he was zoning out when ever people talked to him- but only the ducks knew, and only they realised.

Despite being in a new, slightly unfamiliar environment, he still found himself thinking about the girl- even if there was nothing in the room that would remind him of her. But he figured by now, even if he were seated in an empty, completely white room, he would still find something to remind him of her.

Adam bit the inside of his cheek as his eyes trailed over to the phone hanging on the wall next to his desk. He did think of calling her for a moment, but he knew even if he did, he couldn't bring himself to say anything. Not even ask how her first day was going. Especially that.

Although, it doesn't cancel out the fact that he's still thinking about it. Part of him does wonder how her day is going, even if another part of him doesn't want to know at all...

      NOVEMBER AND DANIELLE exchanged bored glances with each other from across the room of their math class. The girls, all nine of them, had been urging for the day to go quicker so they could finally go to soccer practice and meet the rest of the team. However, as it was finally the last class of the day, all of them grew extremely impatient.

Danielle could see Morgan in the midst of falling asleep as the girl sat in the desk in front of November. On the other hand, Kristi was behind her and had been intently paying attention to their professor and writing notes down with all her coloured pens scattered in front of her.

Mack had been constantly whispering to Kristi, asking for certain coloured pens for her page filled with doodles and scribbles. The girls headspace was really just not in class at that moment.

Evangeline was the one who was looking at the clock. The girl counted down the seconds until that bell rang and she just had a couple numbers left to count.

5... 4... 3... 2...

November let out a sigh of relief as she heard the dismissal bell. She quickly packed up her stuff and made her way over to the front where Danielle, Eva, and Tevi waited for everyone else.

"I've never been so bored in my life" November sighed as she stopped in front of the girls

"It wasn't that bad" Tevi shrugged but Eva just looked at her with an annoyed expression.

"That's because you sit beside Tills in like..."

"Every class" Danielle finished with a laugh

Tevi just shrugged cheekily as she walked over to where Tilly struggled to get Morgan out of her seat.

"Carry me" Morgan pouted like a baby as she lazily held on to Tilly's back like a sloth

Eva and Danielle snorted a chuckle while Nova looked behind and shook her head humorously.

"Come on," Eva said to the two girls, "we have practice in half an hour and I reckon Kristi is probably going to talk to Professor Blanc for a while..."

Danielle and Nova looked over to where the professor looked overwhelmed with all of Kristi's questions before walking out of the class.

The hallways were quite packed but they were huge so it wasn't a trouble sneaking through until they made it to the courtyard. As the three girls began to pass through, making their way to the dormitory, they heard a loud ruckus in the near distance.

"Hey just shove off will you!" A boy defended. They all stopped in their tracks and glanced over to where a smaller boy was surrounded by three larger ones. He looked frightened.

Then there was a boy who was probably about 5'10 picking up the smaller boys books from the ground and telling the other guys off.

The three girls were much too busy paying attention to the scene and they hadn't even realised Brianna and Mack standing with them.

"That's Kyle Wesley," Brianna spoke up as she fixed her hair, "he's a year 11- plays football like us..."

Eva looked behind her and gripped her backpack straps. She grimaced as she saw Brianna trying to look good for the boys involved with the scene. "He's Irish," Eva remarked before glancing at Nova and Dani, "but Kristi has fancied him since our first football camp- we were nine.."

Nova and Danielle exchanged slightly notable glances before looking to where the three bigger boys as stalked off and Kyle had been checking if the smaller boy was okay.

Nova just shrugged before looking down at her books and subtly flipping through the pages to make sure she hadn't dropped anything.

"But I think he might fancy your looks, Nova.." Brianna added. November furrowed her eyebrows and looked up to see him quickly look away from her.

"What?" She asked in slight confusion

"He thinks you're pretty, Nova" Danielle translated, though Nova knew what the blonde had meant.

November just rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I don't want to focus on boys," November stated as they began to walk off again, "not now at least.."

Brianna just shrugged nonchalantly, "more for me"

Eva laughed and shoved Brianna playfully before Mack got distracted and moved the conversation to a completely new one. However, November just stayed silent in her thoughts

There was no doubt that November thought Kyle Wesley was attractive but the girl couldn't bring herself to like him or go for him. But truly, the girl hadn't really ever focused on boys much. She had just had little crushes here and there but she hadn't really thought she had liked anyone ever since her dad died. Although, the only guys she had hung around ever since her dad died was her hockey team. Primarily Adam Banks and to say at the least, she didn't feel she needed a boyfriend or romantic partner when she was around him...

That was one of the many things she had missed about Adam...

Brynn speaks !

I miss them 🥺 that all I have to say

Also I think Nadam or Adova will be their ship name- most likely Nadam! Thanks for the help y'all!

✌🏻