30| For everything...

NOVEMBER HOPPED OFF the last step of her stairs that mid-day as her mother called her downstairs for her flight back to England. The girl felt a bitter-sweet feeling rise inside her as she stared down at her packed suitcase that sat in the middle of their living room. Truly, she was excited to go back and see her friends again; tell Danielle and Eva what had happened. Though, she was going to miss the ducks over the course month she wouldn't see them. As much as she tried to divide yesterday's schedule out so she could have time with everyone on the team, she ended up spending majority of her day with Adam. Although, it didn't come to a shock to anyone. It was simply the norm.

"Honey!" Samantha Collins exclaimed as she came out of the kitchen in a scramble, snapping November out of her thoughts. The brunette girl rose her eyebrows upon seeing her mothers baffled expression. It was as if the woman was running around the house like a frantic. "There you are"

November snorted out a laugh as her mother came and wrapped her arms around her while giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Mum, I was upstairs, chill"

Samantha sighed and loosed her grasp before she held her daughter's shoulders tightly, looking at her with a proud smile. "I just missed you, that's all.."

November pursed her lips together into a soft smile. "I missed you too..."

The mother-daughter pair shared a small, heartwarming moment before they heard a knock at the door. With a playful and knowing eye-roll, Nova clicked her tongue before spinning on her heels to reach the door. However, her mother didn't refrain from stopping the girl with a smile.

"November.." Samantha spoke softly as Nova placed her hand on the handle. The brunette switched her gaze to her mother with a patient look. At that, Samantha Collins just smirked. "if your father was alive, he'd owe me ten bucks.."

November's calm face faltered for a moment before it sank into a soft smile. It didn't happen often but it never failed to make Nova smile hearing her mother talk about her dad. Truly, Nova believed in love because of her parents. They were absolutely perfect for one another so when her father died, it hit her mother like a plane. The woman refused to date again. She lost her best friend, her husband, and her soulmate in one day, so November understood her mother's struggle and held sympathy for the woman.

"You two really bet on Adam and I?"

The woman hummed out a yes as she held a reminiscing face. "I bet that Adam was already in love with you when we met him- your father thought I was crazy"

November snorted and shook her head while allowing her hair to fall over her face due to the fact that she down-casted her gaze. Though, after a couple seconds, she just looked back up at her mother with a small grin. "Jokes on him," Nova said before she slowly opened the door, "he was just as crazy as you are"

Before the discussion could draw on further, November averted her attention to the patiently smiling blond boy that stood in front of her. Suddenly, upon placing their gazes on one another, both their faces had lit up as their grins grew wider. "Hey!" Nova chimed

Adam flashed her his charming smile as he rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet. "hey!" He piped up as he looked into her house and waved at her mother out of manner before turning back to her. "So when are we leaving? do I have time to show you something?"

Nova cocked an eyebrow up as she crossed her arms and leaned up against the door-frame. "We?"

With a proud and wide smile, the boy gave an enthusiastic nod before falling into a sly shrug. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't take you to the airport?"

Suddenly, November sank into a small expression of shock while Adam's face grew pale. The boy's cheeks became red as his eyes widened. "I mean- you see... what came out of my mouth was-"