37| im fine

PERHAPS IT WAS the excitement of seeing her boy that had allowed her to make herself to him without feeling pain. Or, maybe it was the way she stumbled towards the blond, getting close enough for him to catch her.

"Woah," Adam grunted as he held her up, "I knew something was wrong"

November gazed up at his concerned face as she pinned her weight against him. Her arms were barely draped around his neck but still secure enough to stay up, her feet were hardly touching the floor. Before Adam could say one more thing, her lips had crashed into his.

Everyone around them erupted in cheers. Lester Averman jumped on the pair, joining their moment as they pulled away and looked at him. He sank into the hug.

Nova laughed as she buried her head in Adam's chest. Though, the boy just looked around frantically until his eyes landed on Charlie. His head gestured to the red head, "get him off please?"

Charlie Conway laughed as he approached the group, peeling Averman off the pair. "Let them have their moment," Charlie chuckled, slapping Averman's chest lightly as he had his arm draped over the boy's shoulder.

November shifted, turning so she was leaning into Adam's side, putting no weight on her foot. The blond turned to her, scanning her body in worry.

She didn't notice. She was just smiling at Averman and Charlie as they talked her ear off. Adam however, leaned down to her ear and whispered, "are you sure you're okay?"

Nova looked up at him and pursed her lips into a smile, she kissed his cheek. "Yeah I'm good..."

The boy nodded and opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a squeal. He laughed to himself, ready to behold Connie running to them. But November knew that scream; or those screams she should say.

The girl sighed and turned to find Kristi, Dani, and Brianna running to her and her friends. Kristin was the first to speak as she excitedly tapped November's shoulder, "KYLE ASKED ME TO THE DANCE!"

Adam chimed at the familiar name, grumbling to himself as he looked around the crowd. His eyes landed on a boy nervously looking in their direction, his hands in his pockets as he gave Adam a nod. Though, Adam just gave him a look before tightening his grip around Nova's waist.

November, on the other hand, had been distracted by her friends, still using Adam for balance. But, as Brianna got excited, the girl launched herself at Nova, making her wince. Adam looked at her in worry again.

Brianna O'Connell attempted to whisper in Nova's ear, failing horribly allowing Charlie, Averman, and Adam to hear. "You never told me how hot the guys on your hockey team were!"

Averman smirked at this, puffing out his chest from where he stood beside Charlie. Charlie just glanced at him, lightly slapping the boy to make him deflate and look at the brunette with a frown. Charlie shook his head.

"Hey Conway," he heard a voice from beside him. His heart fluttered as he widened his eyes. He was flustered upon seeing the ginger haired girl, despite the fact that he had a girlfriend back home.

"Dani!" He exclaimed a bit too excited, making him clear his throat and dial down, "I mean hey..."

She giggled before shaking her head and looking over to where Brianna pointed into the distance. They could hear the girl clearly from where they stood.

"Oh oh!" The blonde piped up as she frantically slapped November's shoulder. The girl pointed into the distance, "please say he's on your team!"

Everyone's gaze diverted to where Luis Mendoza was. He was flirting with all the players on their team, specifically Mack but she was completely oblivious.

"Oh God," Nova snorted as she laughed into her hand, "poor Mack.."

Adam smiled wide, looking back at where Brianna stared at Luis. "his name is Luis," Adam spoke, making Bri look at him, "and trust me, he's a player."

Brianna lit up, taking out her ponytail as she flipped her hair around to fix it. It was a mystery to November how she managed to look that good after the game.

Brianna turned to Kristi. "how do I look?" She asked but continued on before Kris could answer, "scratch that, I'm gorgeous." The blonde then began to strut off, causing everyone to follow her with their eyes as they laughed among themselves.

Nova turned to Adam, giving him a smile. "Where's Connie?"

The boy sank into a forced pout, "you love Connie more than me"

The brunette girl didn't hesitate to nod, "duh.."

Everyone snorted a laugh as they watched Adam's jaw drop. "Wow!" He exclaimed in offence, making Nova shoot him a playful glare.

"Oh please," she brushed off, "you're basically dating Charlie"

A cheer erupted from where Charlie stood, raising his hand to give Adam a high five which the boy returned. Although, Nova just pulled away from Adam's grasp and shifted her weight to her good foot, crossing her arms while giving the two a pointed look.

They wouldn't lie and say they were slightly frightened at her cold stare. It was evident as they instantly wiped their hands on their clothing.

"I mean..." Charlie cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck. He turned to Adam in a lecturing manner, "love your girlfriend !"

The blond just looked at him and shook his head, pushing him back with his hand. "Shut up Conway.."

November rolled her eyes playfully before her eyes landed on Connie and Guy hugging in the distance. She smiled at their pda, limping over to them. "Break it up love birds!"

Adam could hear Connie's ear wrenching scream as she tackled November to the floor; literally. The group all looked over to where Nova groaned on the floor, trying to withhold her tears from the pain she felt shooting up from her foot. Everyone's eyes drew up to Guy as he flinched at the girl's excitement. However, a worried Adam had rushed to the two girls, basically throwing Connie off November as he checked on her.

"Dude!" Connie whined but Adam just ignored her. November had her eyes squeezed shut as she rolled around holding her foot.

"Are you alright?" He whispered in worry

November calmed down instantly at his soothing voice, fluttering her eyes open to meet with his blue ones. She was brought back to the first time they ever played against one another in peewees. Slowly, her lips pulled into a grin. She nodded softly, replying the same way she had back then. Except, instead of being completely bitter towards the boy she despised, she replied sweetly to the boy she loved.

Nova sighed and spoke in a quiet voice, "I'm fine..."

BRYNN SPEAKS

Can yall believe I actually updated?? Wow right?

Anyway, few things for the people actually reading this...

Happy new year! I hope you're all staying safe especially those near the capital.

So sorry for not updating this more often but here I am in social incredibly bored because I already updated my Corbyn Besson book like three times. Again, I'm sorry for not updating this often, the book itself just hasn't been good on my mental health because of how much attention it gets compared to my other stories. I just lose motivation to update it because I have other interests and books that get overshadowed by this one. I love you all, I hope you understand 🥰

Anyway, bye ✌🏻