6| He said hi...

NOVEMBER DIDN'T GET the sleep she had wished for the night prior. She was too busy thinking- and slightly crying. Unfortunately, after the girls first practice that lasted four hours, she was exhausted by the time lunch had come around.

The girl had a solid three hours of sleep and needless to say, she needed a nap. The nine girls sat around their usual table in the food hall as Nova lazily leaned her head on her arm as it rested on the table.

"What time did you fall asleep last night love?" Kristi asked, sitting in front of her as she took a bite from her food

Nova yawned and shrugged for a moment. "Maybe like... six.."

Morgan let out a sarcastic laugh. "How does that happen?" Morgan gawked, "I could never... you know, I value my sleep very much"

Eva threw a French fry at the girl and chuckled. "Trust us, we know." The calmer Smits twin turned to Nova with a pitiful look. "Why did you sleep so late?"

Danielle cast a looked to November which she had automatically returned. Being the only girl at the table who knew made her quite silent in the conversation.

"I was just thinking..." Nova said, "I just couldn't sleep"

Kristi, being the motherly friend she was, gave November a sad look.

"How about you take a nap before practice?" Kristi said in an incredibly concerned tone, "at least you'll get a good hours rest- I'll wake you up"

Morgan piped up into the conversation again as she plopped the fry Eva had thrown at her into her mouth, causing the girl to grimace. "Or you know," Morgan shrugged in a joking fashion, "you could always just sleep in history... that's what I do"

"That's because you sit at the back of the class you wanker" Tilly laughed out

Morgan just shrugged and sank into a content look as she began to eat her food again.

Kristi just rolled her eyes and sent November a soft look. "When we get back to the dorms, change into your football uniform and go to sleep. I'll get everything else for you ready and I'll wake you a few minutes before we leave so you can fix up a bit"

Nova nodded and gave her a soft and thankful look before Kristi diverted her attention to the goalkeeper beside her. By then, everyone had been occupied by Mack as she expertly changed the topic.

However, Evangeline Smits would let it go as she sent Danielle and November a knowing look. November tried to avoid her gaze but she really couldn't. Eva was too persuasive.

November cast Danielle a look before she gave in. She turned to Evangeline and smiled softly. "I'll tell you later" she whispered

Finally, Eva rested into a content feel as she finally went back to eating- although, Danielle couldn't let go as she nudged Nova and nodded towards the door with her head. Willingly, Nova stood up and they both walked out of the hall unnoticed.

They waited until they were away from the food hall doors before speaking.

"What happened on that call, Nova?" Danielle asked as they walked around the empty corridors

Nova ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Adam.."

"Adam?"

Nova pursed her lips together and nodded. "He said hi... and I wanted to talk to him- I really did.. but he just left after that..."

Dani sighed and shook her head. "Why?"

Truly, Danielle did wonder why he never called November. She would think he'd try and apologise or fix things but he acted like he hated her. Then again, if anyone were to act the way Adam was to Nova, everyone would presume they hated them. Except, it's Adam Banks and with that factor, Danielle simply just knew that he didn't hate Nova at all. It's was a much different and unknown reason why he didnt want to talk to her and that's what Danielle was trying to configure.

Nova shoved her hands in her sweater pockets as she let out a shrug. "I don't know..."

Silence filled the air between them. It's wasn't awkward nor was it comfortable. Simply, it was just thoughtful and they needed that.

November had been fine figuring out her thoughts before Danielle spoke up and asked a question that made Nova's heart drop.

"Do you miss him?"

November didn't speak as she fixated her gaze on the ground. She instantly felt her eyes water. The girl bit on her bottom lip as it quivered. She knew the answer but she never wanted to say it aloud. She didn't want to hold on to something that hurt her so much but, for the girl, letting go would be much much more painful. However, she couldn't configure why.

Nova swallowed the lump in her throat as Danielle had her fixated gaze on the brunettes side profile. She waited patiently before Nova looked at her with pain in her eyes.

"Every day..." she croaked out in a barely audible voice.

Danielle gave her freind a small smile before stepping in front of her and hugging her. She knew that was what November had needed most at that moment.

The girl was so fragile. It was like she could break down at any moment. So ever since they had gotten to England, Charlie Conway's words had been on reply in Dani's head. Take care of her, alright?

She knew how much pain November had been going through and she wished she could fix it all up. Everyone wished she could fix what was going on between them. However, if everyone in this world, even strangers, had to say what they thought November Collins and Adam Banks had in common, Danielle was sure 99 percent of them would say one word. Stubborn.

In most cases for the two, it would refer to the fact that both of them rarely gave up... however, this is a whole different scenario. A scenario nobody was ready for. So really, no one knew what to do or how to fix it.

But just like Connie Moreau had said, whatever happens will happen...

Brynn speaks !

I was told by various people to update again and I did because I have nothing better to do 🥺🤚🏻

✌🏻