24| We're here for you

NOVEMBER COLLINS tiredly rubbed her eyes that night as she walked out of the bathroom with her grey drawstring shorts on and her USA shirt. Away from the usual, the girls dorm wasn't as tightly packed or chaotic since Mack and Brianna were at their own dorm and Tilly and Tevi were somewhere else.

November drew her eyebrows together as she contorted her facial features into a weird look at the quiet and unfamiliar state of the dorm. Her eyes glanced around from where Morgan was taking a power nap to where Kristin was working on an essay. So simply, as pre-usual, November made her way to Eva and Dani.

"I don't like this..." November said in a shiver as she used her hand to rub her upper left arm. "It seems like someone died.."

Eva snorted and let out a relaxing sigh. "Yeah," she chuckled out, "but I reckon it'll stay like this for a bit since Tevi and Tilly are at the headmasters office"

Danielle let out a short laugh and piped up in curiosity as she switched her gaze to the english brunette sitting next to her. "What did they do this time?"

"tried to fill the pool with bouncy balls so they could have a ball pit"

The nonchalant tone in Eva's voice made Nova snicker with a head shake. "It's like 10:30"

"I know."

Before the three girls could discuss further, the phone had rung. Both girls suspected it to be for November so upon hearing the rings, they both snapped their attention to the brunette who just gave an eye roll in return.

Nova couldn't help but feel a leap in her stomach as she placed her hand on the phone. Seeming as if the last previous phone calls she's had in the last week and a half had been completely random and hectic; starting with whatever it was that made Connie act weird when she told the girl how she felt about Adam Banks. Nova hadn't spoken to Connie much since then. She was mostly busy with all the practices Orion had been working them for. Simply, November was thinking to just leave her be for a while and call her tomorrow to wish her luck before their game JV vs Varsity showdown.

"Hello?" November chimed as she held the phone close to her ear and leaned up comfortably against the wall.

Saying Nova was shocked upon hearing the male voice on the other side of the line was an understatement. Truly, she was utterly confused and scared something had gone wrong because he was calling her.

"Hey little sis!"

"August?!" She gawked as she stood up straight and pushed off the wall she was leant up against. "What happened? Why are you calling? Is mom okay?"

August Collins let a chuckle escape his lips due to his sisters sudden flustered attitude upon hearing him. "Can't I just talk to my little sister?"

"No." November said in a monotone voice as she began to calm down. Though the context wasn't humorous and August would have thought she were mad at him if it weren't for the little laugh that followed her sentence.

"Come on, Nova," August smiled, "I haven't spoken to you since October, how are you? How's England?"

"It's alright. I'm kinda homesick but it is what it is.." Suddenly, the phone line had gone a bit quiet aside from the small whispers November comprehended through the phone. "Hello?"

"Oh sorry-" the young adult chuckled out. Though November, couldn't see it, but he had nervously rubbed the back of his neck as he waited to proceed with what he were to tell his little sister. "So um... when are you planning on going back home? Anytime soon?"