4| I'll tell you one day

NOVEMBER SLIPPED HER soccer cleats on abruptly as Eva launched a hair tie at the girl.

"Eva!" Nova whined as she stared at the girl innocently smiling at her, "that's not what I meant by pass me a hair tie"

The girls were all in a rush to say at the least because Tilly and Tevi thought it would make a great prank to steal their keys to the dorm before their first practice. Saying Brianna nearly killed them after they took their sweet time getting to the dorms was an understatement

Danielle had been ready but the girl was calmly sitting in front of her various soccer cleats deciding what to wear. She had been talking to herself about it for the last five minutes.

"Do I want to wear my mercurials though?" Dani thought out loud.

Kristi, who had just finished rummaging around the room looking for Morgan's goalie gloves exhaustedly made her way to Danielle's side and picked a random set of shoes. "Wear these!" She said quickly before hurrying off to keep things in check.

November tied up her hear and moved to stand in front of her mirror. She sighed as she looked at her jersey. It didn't feel the same. It didn't feel as great.

Their school colours were red and white so their practice jerseys were all red with three white stripes on the side of each sleeve. The crest on their chest had an the side view of an eagles head that looked like a grey silhouette. The words EDGE were imprinted around the top half of it.

November bit the inside of her cheek and shook her head with a sigh. She wished that she felt good wearing the uniform but all it brought her were uneasy thoughts.

Nova walked over to wardrobe and pulled out the first hoodie she could get a hold of and unfortunately, it said two things that she didn't want to see at the moment.

Banks, 9

She was about to put his hawks hoodie back into the wardrobe to grab a new one but before she could, she was aggressively dragged out the door by her arm.

November furrowed her eyebrows as Eva tossed her  her already ready soccer bag with her water bottle. Before she could ask, Morgan had already spoken up. "Kristi got your bag ready since she had nothing else to do and you looked busy.."

November glanced to the door where Kristi had just locked it before she looked down at the hoodie in her arms. Defeatedly, she just slipped it on. She guessed it would do.

The girls made their way across the hall to Mack, Brianna, Tilly, and Tevi's dorm. Before Dani could knock, Eva just turned the nob and pushed the door open.

"Tevi never locks the door, Brianna is always too busy making sure she looks good, Tilly is always busy making jokes and Mack just straight out forgets that you can lock a door in the first place," Eva said to Danielle and November as they exchanged confused glances.

Before they could speak up, Morgan had abruptly hurried them up.

"Let's go, lets go!" She hollered as she made her way to Brianna, who was curling her hair as it was pulled back into a ponytail. Morgan unplugged the straightener and stared at the girl. "The boys practiced this morning Bri."

That was all she had to say for Brianna to give in with a pout. The girl willingly made her way to the door with a glum look. "I already did my makeup" she mumbled under her breath

November just laughed and shook her head, exchanging looks with Eva. If anything, Nova had gotten close to the calmer half of the Smits twins. Aside from Danielle, she'd say Evangeline Smits was her closest friend in the group.

Once they finally got the girls out from the dorm, the nine of them began walking to the field with their own little conversations. Kristi was trying to settle down Tevi and Tilly as they raced down the corridors. Mack had been blabbering Brianna's ear off about random topics while Danielle and Morgan walked beside them, trying to open the new pack of pro-wrap Morgan had in her bag.

"I like your jumper," Eva remarked as they walked behind the group, "was 9 always your number? And was Banks a nickname of yours or something?"

November choked on air for a moment as a knot formed in her throat. As she tried to settle her series of coughs, Eva looked at her alarmed. "Love, are you alright?"

November let out one more cough before nodding. "Yeah... yeah.. I'm fine," She breathed out, "sorry... um- this hoodie.. er- jumper isn't mine and no, I didn't always have the number nine"

Eva nodded and furrowed her eyebrows. "Who's is it?"

November stayed silent for a moment before she pursed her lips together and shook her head with a sigh. She glanced up at Eva with sad eyes and the girl instantly sank into a look of pity and concern. "It's just... a boy from back homes who let me keep it"

"Ex boyfriend?" Eva said with a sad expression

November let out a sad chuckle before shaking her head. "No.." she sighed

Evangeline saw the girls visible uncomfortableness of the topic as she slung a comforting arm around her shoulder. "It's fine," she smiled, "we don't have to speak about it now.. but-"

November chuckled and nodded. "Yes Eva, ill tell you one day"

Eva squealed and took her arm off of November's shoulders so she could clap excitedly. "Yay," she smiled, "I can finally have boy talk with a person other than Kristi... all the girl talks about is Kyle Wesley"

November chuckled and nodded. Needless to say, the girls attitude towards the topic had allowed her thoughts to calm for a moment and reminisce on Connie. Eva reminded her an awful lot about her best friend except less energetic.

Nova gave a content smile as she looked down on the ground recalling all the times Connie had forced the girl to have boy talk with her.

Then, after a couple moments, Adam came back to her mind again. At this point, November had stopped trying to get him out. She really just tried to ignore it but even at times where nothing could possibly remind her of him, he'd still come to her mind somehow. She really didn't know why and she didn't intend on finding out. Simply, November Collins was just trying to avoid the inevitable...

Brynn speaks !

Why is it so hard for me to write his book right now? Like idk if I have writers block or if I hurt myself by splitting the two up 😳 oh well, I'm too invested in writing this book that I can't stop

✌🏻