23| Is that bad?

CONNIE MOREAU burst into her home that day with a frustrated grunt, nearly slamming the door in Guy's face as he trailed behind her.

"Connie, calm down," Guy reassured in a slightly pleading voice as he held the door open for their companions who had been in more of a cower than the girls boyfriend. "Charlie said he'd figure it out. It'll be fine"

Averman and Julie walked in as Adam and Charlie trailed behind them, talking to one another and figuring things out after everything that had happened in the past few months. Guy sat beside where Connie held her head in her hands in a defeated manner.

"It won't be fine, Guy!" Connie cried out, "first Hans dies and now this! they can't just revoke our scholarships!"

Guy pursed his lips together and let out a sharp sigh as he watched Julie and Averman uncomfortably shuffle to the kitchen to not get involved with the situation. "Cowards" Guy grumbled to himself while he rolled his eyes at where Averman gave him a thumbs up and an innocent smile from a distance. Before he could speak to his girlfriend, she abruptly launched out of his grasp and made her way to the phone. Knowing all to well what the girl had been doing, he just slowly stood up and watched her from a distance with his arms crossed against his chest and a defeated expression planted on his face.

Charlie and Adam had finally walked in as they laughed about something. Though, seconds after entering, their laughter died down upon seeing Guy with a sad look. The two followed his gaze to where Connie was aggressively typing numbers into her phone. Adam just shuffled in his spot as he gave a small cough in awkwardness.

"Did you two get into a fight or..." Charlie asked in an oblivious manner while using his thumb to subtly point behind to where Connie was

Guy just curtly shook his head with a sigh. "she's stressing about everything"

Charlie scoffed and shrugged it off as he confidently shook his head. "I got this.." he reassured with a wave of his hand, "tomorrow, at the board meeting, we'll be fine. Orion and I got this under control"

Adam just rocked back and forth on his heels as he silently stood there. It was as if his purpose at the moment was just to take up space. The boy just simply didn't have much to worry about since he was on varsity. Though, he was quite down at the fact that he had just gotten his friends back and now he might be losing them again.

"Um.." Adam spoke up in an awkward and soft voice, "where's the bathroom..."

Charlie and Guy moved their gazes to him and just stared at him for a moment, making the boy sink into his shoulders in a small cower.

"sorry... I have to pee.."

Charlie stifled his laugh, moving his head to look away as Guy pointed around the corner. "over there- you'll know it when you see it"

Curtly, Adam nodded as he walked off and passed by Connie, hearing a small snip-it of her conversation in his path.

"I'll tell you after you tell me whatever is going on in your life," Connie sighed as she exhaustedly rubbed her eyes and leaned up against the wall.

November Collins, who was on the other side of the phone-line, hesitantly spoke. "Are you sure?"

Connie nodded as she pursed her lips together. "yeah.." she croaked out, "I still need time to process"

A laugh escaped November's lips as she nodded in agreement. "me too, honey," she chuckled, "me too"

The brunette girl hadn't been joking though she seemed as if she were. Truly, everything that had happened in the recent days of her life had been filled with surreal things; starting with her mental discovery after her outburst during the truth circle. She still had so many things to put in place.